USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:26:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New National Points?????  (Read 12156 times)
Griffin Brown Racing
Feature Winner

« on: October 15, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »

So what is the rest of the National race plans,this can't be it can it,6 club races???

Scott Brown

--------------------sponsors----------------------------------
Baker Racing Engines
Orr Motorsports (for all your motorsports needs)
Klotz Lubricants
Covington Coney's
Moore @ Associates
Brute Power Pipes ---www.brutepipes.com
One Stop Auto
Whitley Welding & Fabricating
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »

Sounds like there will still be a Gen Next tour like there was this year.  The new announcement is over and above that.  I am sure that schedule is probably in the works...

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Griffin Brown Racing
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »

Ok good!!
Thanks!!!
Out of the info loop @ KQMC!!

Scott Brown

--------------------sponsors----------------------------------
Baker Racing Engines
Orr Motorsports (for all your motorsports needs)
Klotz Lubricants
Covington Coney's
Moore @ Associates
Brute Power Pipes ---www.brutepipes.com
One Stop Auto
Whitley Welding & Fabricating
skarnes
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:12:56 PM »

What about your weekly club races? If you want your kid to run for a championship, Does this mean you will only have 4 or 5 weekly races at your club?
Steve
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »

The way I read the announcement it wouldn't impact your clubs championship at all.  But the club would pick 6 of the races to count for the new National recognition.  Your local clubs championship would still be whatever it is.  It also sounds like there will still be a Generation Next Tour as well.

James would have to confirm, but that is my understanding of it.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 12:06:07 AM »

I think the whole deal is you just designate 6 of your club races as national points races. I think this is a great system. There are a lot of families out there who don't have the money to go run the Gen Next schedule, so this gives them something to work towards on the National Level without having to afford all of the travel and time off. While at the same time it still gives those who can afford it, an award for doing so.

It kind of reminds me of the UMP Point System for their National Championship. I'd like to see the points system broken down. For example, if 20 some cars show up weekly the guy who's beating them should have some kind of edge on someone who is at a track where six cars show up.

I was very excited to see this new format. Locally, i'm seeing a larger number of teams leaving to run the Gen Next schedule, which is great, but maybe this system will bring them back for atleast 6 races a year. I applaud USAC for doing something for the club's benefit. At least they realize that the clubs are the foundation of the organization and need a bone thrown to them every once in awhile. Unlike another sanctioning body that I never saw make changes to help the local level.
USAC Developmental
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 11:59:07 AM »

The newly announced USAC National Award System (NAS) is in addition to the USAC "Gen Next" National Championship Tour.  The NAS is an additional award for children to win while promoting races at the club level.  it will also help those families that do not want to travel.

The clubs are the basis and foundation of our program.  It is important that we support our clubs whenever we can.

From the release:
These "National Award Series" championships are separate and will serve to augment the existing USAC "Generation Next Tour."

CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »

So does the NAS points affect the Gen Next Tour standings at all? A lot of people thought it was part of the national championship points. I read it as separate. Would love a clarification. Thanks! Cheesy

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
USAC Developmental
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 10:40:46 AM »

The NAS is 100% separate from the "Generation Next" National Championship.
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:50:21 AM »

Super. Thanks for clarification!

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
justracin
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 09:23:50 PM »

does this mean the cost for the 6 races are going to be 35-40 dollars insteed of the normal $15?
justracin
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 09:19:20 PM »

hey can i get a reply to this
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »

I believe that would be up to your local club. James you can jump in on this but I haven't heard of any extra cost that would go to USAC. I believe all the money stays at the club.
USAC Developmental
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 05:36:48 PM »

All money for the "NAS" races stay with the club.  It is up to the club on what they want to charge for these races.

James
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: