USAC Racing Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:26:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new member looking for opinions  (Read 8154 times)
dwright
Rookie

« on: September 15, 2010, 03:01:40 AM »

My family has been involved in quarter midget racing for around 3 yrs. and have really enjoyed the time we have been racing, traveling, and making new friends from all over the country. I am a member of music city (we just changed charters) and the track has definately had issues with several things this year (mainly members being told what they were going to do rather than getting the majority opinion for anything). Last night at our track meeting our schedule was changed and our points system modified to require any racer to race the last three races if he has any chance at championship. Due to our midseason change naturally this has some conflicting dates with our current QMA region that we were already committed to as well my son happens to be leading both of those we knew we would have to miss one race but should still be in good shape for the championship and I was told the points were changed and instead of us being able continue to try to win both I would have to choose. THE POINTS WERE CHANGED SO MY SON WOULD HAVE TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT HIS TRACK OR HIS QMA REGION (GIVE UP ONE CHAMPIONSHIP) THIS IS THE EXACT REASON I WAS TOLD THIS WAS DONE . That being said I guess I am looking for info on how your local USAC clubs are ran. By the decision of one for what is best for a select few or by votes or group decisions on what its members opinions are for what is fair and best the whole. This is no means meant as supporting usac or qma we had planned on running both next year. Just not happy about having to tell my son 1 or 2 people are making him choose which to lose.
Thanks in advance for any input, advice, or just opinions.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:34:36 AM »

At the club that I am the president of we hold a vote and majority rules. We can change the schedule at anytime if it was necessary and the BOD also has the authority to make changes if required. We would always take a vote even if it was just a hand vote at our clubs handlers meeting for simple race day format changes.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 08:51:40 AM »

Is it possible that the schedule change is due to some of the animosity toward Music City from Region 3? Is Music City still having an October QMA regional or did Region 3 take it away. Music City's name has been removed from the region website already, even though you would be a paid club and members untill the end of the year. 
dwright
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »

Animosity against the region is the reason, that was specifically said, I will be the first to say there have been a number of issues that could have been handled differently from either side of the fence. But I don't understand me being told my son would have to choose one or the other and we are going to change the rules so if you choose to miss just one of our races it will be mathmatically impossible for you to win something that based on our existing guidleines he had already won. Again this is nothing against anybody involved in USAC racing. I posted my situation on here so maybe someothers could offer opinions and suggestions. This was a plan thought out by a couple of people to target a couple of kids and the rule changed by 1 person, and again I was specifically told that trying to run both was not going to be an option I would have to choose to run the one conflicting race at Nashville or loose, even though originally that race could have been a drop and we would have still been okay.
My son and my family have put alot of effort all year into supporting both and after already speaking to one fried of ours in the USAC family it seems all other USAC tracks operate my the majority decision which this idea would obviously not been passed if we were able to choose.
I think the majority of us as human beings would never under any circumstance deliberately hurt anyones child, this has been done to me and as upset as I was having to explain the situation to my 9 year old,I could still never penalize an innocent kid.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 10:34:13 AM »

After looking at the schedule on the Music City website it appears that QMA and Region 3 changed all the dates that were scheduled at the Music City track and moved them to another track and that move resulted in the changes. Had QMA and Region 3 followed thru with the schedule there would have been no schedule problem for your family. So Music City had to revise their schedule and finish out the year. It is hard to make everyone happy all the time but in this instance it sounds like the Nashville club did what it had to do for the majority of its members.

After looking at the new schedule it looks like there maybe some open dates in October that some of us from up north can come down and run. I know that many of us are looking forward to coming and racing on the track in Nashville.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
dwright
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »

Yes, you are correct about the schedule. That is not my issue. The rules and our points system got changed that is the problem, I knew I would have to choose were to be for one of those races (we were okay with that) and that was not an issue until a last minute decision to make our last 3 races double points to penalize any kids that can't be there for the 1 race. You would be awarded 60 points for 1st instead of the 30 it has been all year. I think you are wanting to make a usac or qma or region issue and that is not at all what I was doing. I have plans on supporting both. I just don't want my son penalized for that. 
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »

Changing the rules now is just crap no matter how you slice it.  Any kid that was in contention for the Music City point championship and also the Region 3 championship should be afforded the chance finish what they started.  It sounds like both Music City and QMA Region 3 made changes to make it impossible to do both.  I would hope both organizations would put their BS aside and make the rest of this year work in the best interest of the kids.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
dwright
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »

Thanks, scheduling conflict for the 1 race may have been the best either side could do but music city (1 person) changing the points system and telling if me i chose to support the region i was not going to win their championship was insane or at least I thought. freitas how are things working in tampa we had thought about maybe racing their at some point during a vacation?
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 01:26:31 PM »

My son wouldn't want any other place for his home track other than Tampa.  He loves the speed, expecially in the Animal car.  For the handlers it is a lot of work because the standard setup that works at the round tracks generally needs tweaked to run good here, but that is all part of the fun too!

It looks like we are probably going to run a Winter Series so check out the schedule and try to work some races in when it is too cold up north to race.

www.tbqmra.com

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: