USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:58:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Eldora Thoughts  (Read 9378 times)
3rdturn
Rookie

« on: October 03, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »

First I would like to thank Tony Stewart and Larry Boos for there hard work in building the Little  E, what an great event it was. Also to USAC for running a smooth show with 245 cars on hand.
  It was also nice to meet the people that have never run a USAC show before and hope they enjoyed the race.
  Some things I would to see in future National events would be start 12 cars in All the A-main's not just 1 or 2 classes and if the races are on a time limit a clock that all the Handlers can see so theres no question on TIME.
  Again GREAT WEEKEND.

rightrear
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »

We had a good time and it was our first USAC race.  My driver really enjoyed the raceceivers and the trophy. Victory lane presentation was impressive as well.  I have to say the track prep was lousy.  I really hate it for the people who don't run dirt because it can be so much better then that.  Overall was a very good experience.  Thank you Tony and USAC for doing this for the kids.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:55:56 AM by rightrear » Logged
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »

Why do the handlers need to be aware of the time?
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

Silly question...so they can give the appropriate signals to their drivers!  That was our biggest surprise this year running the five national events.  We were shocked at how many teams had subtle signals worked out between driver and handler.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 12:22:27 PM »

Subtle? I guess but they are easy to pick out. The "no signaling the drivers under green" rule always cracked me up.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 12:34:31 PM »

Yeah, I guess I should have put air quotes around the word subtle. Smiley 

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
badnews69
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 12:41:59 PM »

Silly question...so they can give the appropriate signals to their drivers!  That was our biggest surprise this year running the five national events.  We were shocked at how many teams had subtle signals worked out between driver and handler.

and if your driver is good and knows who's behind him he can watch ''his'' handler and findout what he's going to try on the restart  Grin Wink
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »

Actually restarts really don't apply to my comment, it is perfectly legal to give signals during yellow flag laps. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: