March 18, 2024, 10:53:47 PM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Picture of the Day, 27 October 2008  (Read 8238 times)
cmakin
Triple Crown Champion

« on: October 27, 2008, 05:05:44 AM »

Jon Stanbrough at Kokomo, 13 July 2008

flip119
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »

Where were you shooting from for this shot? I was at Kokomo and wasn't able to get access to the infield and had trouble finding a good spot to shoot from. I was also wondering what equiptment you are using to shoot these pics. I've been checking the pic of the day often and have been very impressed with the quality of your photos.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
Become informed and involved.
If you are not willing to stand up and defend your freedoms, how hard will you fight to get them back?
cmakin
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:36:01 AM »

Where were you shooting from for this shot? I was at Kokomo and wasn't able to get access to the infield and had trouble finding a good spot to shoot from. I was also wondering what equiptment you are using to shoot these pics. I've been checking the pic of the day often and have been very impressed with the quality of your photos.

I was standing outside of turn one.  Pretty brutal place, and I got beat up quite a bit. But, I got some good shots.  I shoot with a Nikon D-70s.  I don't recall which lens I was using for this shot, but most times I use my 70-300.

Thanks for the kudos.  Don't forget to visit my site for more photos, www.manvelmotorsports.com

flip119
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 12:39:01 AM »

Thanks for the info. I was outside turn one also for time trials. They told me it would be too dangerous in the infield with so many other photogs on hand. Not enough room I guess. I sure didn't feel too safe sitting behind the pit entrance wall though. Had a blast and can't wait to return for speedweek next year!

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
If you are not willing to stand up and defend your freedoms, how hard will you fight to get them back?
cmakin
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 06:03:29 AM »

Thanks for the info. I was outside turn one also for time trials. They told me it would be too dangerous in the infield with so many other photogs on hand. Not enough room I guess. I sure didn't feel too safe sitting behind the pit entrance wall though. Had a blast and can't wait to return for speedweek next year!

I might have spoken with you, then.  I didn't call ahead and get media credentials, so I shot from that entrance to turn one.  Like I said, it was pretty brutal, but I got some good shots.

flip119
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 03:59:33 AM »

I believe we did talk at Kokomo. I saw on your site that your'e form Texas. Thanks for sharing your shots on the forum. They keep me coming back every few days to see what you've shot.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: