USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:00:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indoor Events  (Read 18136 times)
3rdturn
Rookie

« on: October 26, 2008, 08:31:39 AM »

Is there any word on any possible indoor events for this winter in The Indy area? Would be fun just too have a couple Fun Races just to get to know the new USAC.  Also would like too see Brady Bacon, Cole Whitt. Brad Sweet & Chad Boat who all would fit in the .25 midget run some laps with the kids. This would be great for promotion.

3rdturn
mollylewisracing
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:53:27 PM »

That sounds like a great idea. Kid's would love that. Fans would too... but that goes without saying. Just look at what Tony Stewart's all-star show has done for dirt racing lately. Little things like that spark big interest, they bring in the fringe crowd.

"Let the rough side drag!"
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 03:03:56 AM »

This is a really good idea. I would also think if USAC could pull the right strings, they could probably get Tony to come hang out for the day. That should be their new policy. Everytime Tony rips off an officials headset he has to spend a couple days promoting the .25s.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 12:07:33 PM »

Not sure having him spend a day with kids after he gets pissed off and shows his a** is what we want.  Personally, I want a positive role model, one with good sportsmanship, conducts them self in a positive manner, is positive about racing, the rules and organization they are a member of as well as a clean driver.  Guess that eliminates Kyle as well.  ;-)

gass
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »

Have you ever seen Tony wioth the kids totally different.  I have at Ft. Wayne the past few years he is great with the kids and fans. 
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »

Yes I have at Ft. Wayne the last few years, and yes he is great with the kids.

I didn’t mean he wasn’t good with the kids, I was referring to someone that conducts them self in a negative manner because I wouldn’t want the kids to think that type of behavior is ok.

brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 12:03:42 AM »

How is his behavior any different then what you would typically see from parents at any given race?   

You can't blame Tony for being passionate.  He is a role model but the "ultimate" role model for the kids should be the partents.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 02:03:19 AM »

Nothing wrong with being passionate, it’s how you conduct yourself, address and handle the situation that makes a difference.  Yes, that goes for parents too, after all, our kids look up to us and learn from us.

Artist/Band: Atkins Rodney
Song: Watching You

gass
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 10:14:14 PM »

My kid is 15 and needs to learn how to react in different situations and see how people react.   It is up to the parents to teach the kids how and what way is acceptable.  I tell my kid that role models are humans and try to teach him to think for himself.  I think instead of shielding a kid let him learn about choices and consequences. I have no problem with my kid being around Tony. 
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 12:44:50 AM »

We talked to Tony last year at the rumble and he was extremely nice to us.  I sent his dad a letter and instead of getting a form letter or no response, he actually took the time to call me on the phone. 

This is hard for me to say being a long time Gordon fan, but Tony is a class act from a class family. 
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: