USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:13:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: No Judging  (Read 28282 times)
truckarm
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 06:15:54 PM »

I WAS AT KOKOMO THIS  PAST SATURDAY AND THE LEADER OF THE FEATURE WAS COMING UP ON TWO LAPPED CARS AND THEY CRASHED AND THE LEADER DOVE TO THE INFIELD TO MISS THEM AND THE JUDGES PUT ALL THREE ON THE BACK.. WAS THIS CORRECT??? THE FLAGMAN SAID IT WAS CORRECT BY USAC RULES, MY QUESTION IS, WAS  KOKOMO RUNNING UNDER THE  USAC BANNER SATURDAY?Huh
dgriffin
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 08:08:54 PM »

It is  correct under Qma thats another one of QMA rules that is flawed there is not a blocked track rule  if cars crash in front og you and you stop because you will hit them you get a dot. Under Usac rules the flagman can make a block track rule and let them keep the spot if he thinks they we not involved in the wreck . Also in qma if the judges ask the flag man who they put the yellow out for and they say for the cars that crashed and not the other car that wasnt involed they can get there spot back but most jugdes dont know to ask and the lineup gets posted with all cars that went DOT.
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »

I always liked the idea of hired judges.  If baseball leagues can get a couple of kids to umpire games a track should certainly be able to get a couple of former drivers to judge on race days.

Former drivers know the types of things that can happen on the track and certainly would make better calls then most of the handlers up there that really don't have a clue what the rules are.
jhop
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »

I just signed for the forum and was reading the comments about no judging. Just wanted to say from experience of being a track official at a local track, also driving a car at that track. and now doing the Quarter Midget know matter if there is judging or not people are going to be mad about calls that are made. Sometimes they will go against you and sometimes for you.
jwissmiller
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 04:08:26 AM »

I have thought about this and discussed it with other handlers recently and concluded that judging causes drivers to stay in the gas while running two or three wide going into the turn in hopes that it works out, or that the call goes in their favor. What is the worst that could happen? Maybe a front axle or spindle..perhaps a radius rod or two.
 At the indoor my son had three dots in his heat, because he was trying to pass going into the turn and getting tangled up every time. I talked with him before the feature and told him that I did not want him to pass anyone going into the turn, but to pass coming off. He came from the back of the feature to run second and passed each time coming off, he backed out at least four times going in and let the outside car go and then passed them coming off.  If and when we spend the big bucks to race sprint cars or midgets, I want him to remember this lesson. I would sooner he learn how to race rather than destroy an expensive race car every other week. 
gass
Veteran

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 07:35:36 AM »

The  current problem with judging, in my opinion, is that many people don't understand the way calls are supposed to be made. Too many times calls are made when there should be no call because the driver was not 100% at fault. I agree that if a driver knows he risks being tore up or going to the back he/she will drive cleaner. All of that being said, I like the idea of canning judging.

We have a parent who told us racing is rubbing and bashing.   I said not in open wheel it isn't. His child continually pushes and bashes kids out of the way and that kid needs to be sat out or go stock car racing.
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 09:23:07 AM »

rubbing is not racing at any level.  That is a made up quote from a really bad movie about NASCAR.  Problem is, kids see that movie and then think it is ok to drive like that.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: