USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:58:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks to all for their generosity at Kokomo this past weekend.  (Read 7855 times)
wesracing
Veteran

« on: June 08, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »

I would like to thank all who donated this weekend at Kokomo for the family of the 9 year old who was tragically taken from us this past week. With your help we raised $440 for the family in their time of need. I can't thank you enough and I know this will really help the family out. Thanks again, John Sargent.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:07:22 PM »

John,
My family and I are very sadden by this young girls passing. Please get me the information to the funeral home so I can help in some of the expenses for the family. It really hurt this past week to hear this and I thought about it the whole weekend. Life is more important than any race win and I really feel for the family. God Bless them and your organization in this sad time.

Thanks,
Mike Smith
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:25 PM »

John,
Chandler asked about the young girl and he also wants to match the $440.00 from his racing budget from Chandlersmithracing.com and MCS Motorsports LLC to help. He is a very passionate young man for his age as you can see. Please get us the information and I will see to it that you get the monies.

Thanks,
Mike Smith
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:17:04 PM »

john, I didn't hear about this. please post the information I would like to help.If there is anybody at peru this weekend that knows about this and can take this to you or the club tell them to come see me.Chuck longbrake--- lauren longbrake racing
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 02:29:22 AM »

I didn't know they were taking a collection this weekend but I presume this is the story he is talking about:

http://kokomotribune.com/local/x93701405/9-year-old-mauled-by-dog-dies
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »

Yes, that is the story about Savannah. Her dad has done alot of repair work at our track at no cost to us. This is a wonderful family with a big heart. They loved to come out as a family and watch Wesley race. Anyone who would like to help, you can send any donations to John Sargent
                                                                                                          2515 s. 400 e
                                                                                                          Kokomo, In. 46902
They have an account set up to help with final expenses. Thank you all again for your generosity, it sure makes me proud to be apart of the quarter midget family!!  Chandler, thank you so much, I know that will mean alot to Wes, you are an amazing little boy with such a big heart! Thank you all again for your support, it truly means alot.
Michelle Sargent
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »

The information to the funeral home:
Shirley & Stout
1315 w. Lincoln Rd.
Kokomo, In. 46902
765-453-4400

c/o Savannah Gragg
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print