USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:26:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: bathroom scales  (Read 5044 times)
skarnes
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:06:11 AM »

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to figure out the percentages using a set of bathroom scales.please call me at 614-330-3873 or email thanks.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:28:58 AM »

Is this what you are looking for?

Add the weight of all four scales to get your total weight.

Add the weight of the front two scales for your front weight and then divide that by the total weight to get the percentage for the nose weight.

Add the weight of the left side scales for your left side weight and then divide that by the total weight to get the percentage for the left side weight.

Add the weight of the right front and left rear for your cross weight and then divide that by the total weight to get the percentage for the cross weight.

There is also a good document on the Freeman Racing site that does the math for you: http://freemanracing.com/home/index.php/Download-document/12-Quarter-Midget-Setup-Sheet-with-Cross-Weights.html
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:19:34 AM by sfreitas20 » Logged

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »

if you have an iphone or ipod touch, there's an app to figure out the cross-weights. It's really cool. just punch in the numbers, and it'll figure out everything for you. Cheap, about $5.

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
skarnes
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »

Thanks for all the info
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: