USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:51:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any word what the new spec tire is?!!!  (Read 31592 times)
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 05:08:15 AM »

Well when the red flag came out it was just on my way and the flagman asked if my driver was ok so I asked what the call was simple as that!!! But had to do it quickly as I walked by because my driver was in turn 4 and had to check if she was ok and the car was ok. So then when I got to the car the only person that was around was the flagman so I asked if I could look at my Micron since I didn't see the race director the flagman has a radio so I asked. I guess if my little girl was hurt real bad I couldn't say a word to the flagman hum. Where do you guys come up with your BS.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 05:11:27 AM by Melmo » Logged

Melmo In The Fast Lane!!!
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 05:22:45 AM »

But setting that BS aside and being at Kokomo racing I would have to thank the president and his followers for putting on a great show and all the people that showed up from the Kokomo speedway stopping by to check out the young guns and still being able to have some fun before going to the speedway for the Kokomo Klash as many of us did. It was great to see several of KQMC's novice drivers move up and a couple come to mind as the Little girl name Molly that runs Jr. Novice this year move up to Jr. Honda class and win a heat race it was so great to see that little girl run as good as she did. Molly in Jr. novice would take off all year and leave everyone and then when she got to a lapped car would just stop. So in the Jr. Honda heat race see started off and passed a couple cars and then out of no where Molly took off and just started passing like she's be doing this for years and won. Now between you and me I had to stop everything and run over just to she if it was her in the car and wow it was her with the biggest smile a little girl could put on her face. Then after that the first words out of her mouth was DAD YOU OWE ME FIFTY BUCKS!!!!
NOW THAT'S WHAT'S RACING IS ALL ABOUT WITH THESE LITTLE KIDS!!!

truckarm
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 04:27:57 PM »

are you saying she was involved in the accident??? i`m confused....
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »

are you saying she was involved in the accident??? i`m confused....

Never said that only thing I can say is I got a hell of a driver and knows her set up. Who knows as other times when something happens like this my driver would like some changes if so I would pull her in and change them. I'm beginning to wonder if you even know what your talking about or on the other hand I'm just wasting my time with you!!! Grin

Oh also just got some new tires in for testing so we'll be out there Sat if you want to try your luck again!!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 05:14:21 PM by Melmo » Logged

mollylewisracing
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 02:48:37 AM »

Hey, Melmo just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions and help. Molly says thanks as well, especially for feeding Starla enough to get her into a 12" seat so we could buy the 11" LOL. I've been going all summer frustrated as you know what... one thing I have learned is you can't win em all (or in our case any of em LOL). I think what frustrated me most was I knew our car was good (on the pole every other week, I think the lowest we qualified was 3rd of 11 all summer), and I knew my driver could do it. I also kept thinking "Man it would be nice to get that win!", and that it would boost my driver's confidence. The funny thing is after struggling all season and racing and practicing our guts out, that one win was the sweetest thing yet. We only had about 30 practice laps on car, no tach (I guessed at gear), and old old scuffs. Don't tell Molly but I would have paid way more than that just to see that smile : ) Oh yeah one more plug "Team Magnum Chassis Rocks!" in our book. Give me a call if you are going to practice on Saturday and we'll be there as well. I got a stack of practice tires to get rid of....

"Let the rough side drag!"
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 05:43:30 AM »

Sounds good I just hope the rain holds off for the weekend!!! The bad part now is that it will take an hour or so before we can practice because I'll have to bring the blower and get all the leaves off the track. But on the other hand that's how Starla learned her line real quick when we started because when the leaves fell I sweep the line and she had no choice but to run the line and we ran for hours that"s why and she knew if she got into the leaves she's was gone!!!!

mollylewisracing
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »

I'll bring my leaf blower too... that way we can practice instead of playing in the leaves all day.

"Let the rough side drag!"
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 08:56:35 PM »

Why would you go to the flagger instead of the race director? 

Learn how to read Bard maybe that's why you have so many problems!!!  Maybe that's why you don't understand a damn thing!!!;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 08:58:22 PM by Melmo » Logged

Vader
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »

Ya, Bard..... 
Wait.. who is Bard. Smiley

Tribblewalker has the force, but I cant turn him to the dark side. I will keep trying.
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 12:49:09 AM »

from the threads....

JODY: Melmo,   Who was the race director Saturday
MELMO: I don't know I just talked to the flagman!!!

What else is there to understand? 

Brad (not Bard)
usache
Rookie

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »

NEXT YEAR SHOULD BE VERY VERY INTERESTING
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: