USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:02:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any word what the new spec tire is?!!!  (Read 31586 times)
Melmo
Veteran

« on: October 20, 2008, 03:16:18 PM »

Was wondering if there was any word on what the new speck tire is? Wanting to start stocking up before spring!!!

Oh yea Starla kicked the big boys butts running the new Hoosiers Saturday and she loved every bit of it. That was the first time we've ran Hoosiers since they first came out several years ago!!! But we only ran Hoosiers for one race and gave them back to Hoosier because they wouldn't hold up for more than one race back in the day!!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:21:26 PM by Melmo » Logged

Melmo In The Fast Lane!!!
Swartz
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »

They said the it would be announcved in March.
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »

They said the it would be announcved in March.

Like that really helps us now!!! Lips sealed Also the bad part is we were planning to start racing in March!!!! So that wouldn't be very good!!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:26:32 PM by Melmo » Logged

JMW23
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »

I was told the bids are now in and the testing starts this week.
truckarm
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 05:53:44 PM »

i beg to differ with you melvin, but tyler orr started on the rear of the heat and won it and started on the rear of the feature and passed all the cars again but as he was getting ready to lap a couple cars they crashed and he spun to the infield to avoid them and the officials made a call to put him on the rear , that`s how the HOOSIERS won the race, tyler was running VEGAS, that had six features on them....lets tell it how it was melvin !!!!!
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 05:19:44 AM »

But if you were really watching the race Starla got freight trained and started from the back and passed everyone and was in second and closing in real fast so all in all he didn't stand a chance with her on the move one way or the other so when you talk you should pay close attention instead of just watching one driver. If I remember correctly he was out front several times this year and Starla came from the rear and took him and lapped him in several of those events. Also to remember he didn't start on the rear of the feature he started 4th and then again there was only 6 to 8 laps down with 30 some laps to go when he went to the rear but all in all he didn't go to the rear then he started 4th again and on that call why didn't he come back like you said he did in both races and catch Starla? Also to remember is was almost 60 degrees out when Starla came to me wanting the Hoosier's on and a guy named Jim Morrison was standing right there and was very impressed with her thoughts so I put them on and made a couple of changes and that's all she wrote!!! But all in all that's what makes for good racing and can't wait for next year. Also to remember in the heat race Starla had Vegas on and couldn't do nothing because the track with the vegas was so slick.  But all in all if you standing at the flag stand I was the one telling the flagman that he shouldn't have been put to the rear along with the other cars that wasn't involved with the wreck and they made the call not me. So you need to pay attention to what's going on and voice it to the race director as I was trying to do for you. See you in a couple of weeks.

So the answer to your question is if he started at the rear of the feature in both races and had to go to the rear again he still had the whole race to go why didn't he win? Also I don't think he even got 2nd or 3rd at that!!! So why didn't he win then and why did Starla run off and leave everyone and was ready to start lapping when she was smart enough to back off with a few laps left and take the win.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 05:25:37 AM by Melmo » Logged

truckarm
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 09:49:26 AM »

now melvin don`t get excited... my prior comments were directed towards your comments about the HOOSIER tire, i know the vegas were six races old on tylers car, you led everyone to believe that you had hoosiers on all day with your original message...we`ll never know the outcome of the race because of a bad call on the officials part that you agree with me on, but heck that`s racing, there`s always ups and downs....i thought the girl ran  a good race, i do watch the field ,but you must have missed tyler getting took out towards the end and started at the rear again....have a nice off season...
bigal
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »

hey guys quit being cowards and fighting over the computer. no one wants to hear it!!!!!!!
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 05:53:49 PM »

LOL bigal!!! Then all you have to do is don't read it if you don't like it!!! Simple as that!!!

JODY
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 05:59:10 PM »

Melmo,   Who was the race director Saturday
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »

I don't know I just talked to the flagman!!!

mollylewisracing
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »

Hey, lets just run Carlisle mower tires. They're cost effective LOL! I don't care what it is as long as everyone has the same handicap. I'd just like to know so I don't get to wrapped up buying stuff I won't be able to use next year. Hurry up so I can sucker some funds out of our sponsors : )!

p.s. With that said an American manufacturer would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:17:23 PM by mollylewisracing » Logged

"Let the rough side drag!"
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:07 PM »

Why would you go to the flagger instead of the race director? 
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 01:11:42 AM »

We are only allowed to approach the race director.  The flagger, judges and tower are off limits!

Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 05:04:18 AM »

Well when the red flag came out it was just on my way and the flagman asked if my driver was ok so I asked what the call was simple as that!!! But had to do it quickly as I walked by because my driver was in turn 4 and had to check if she was ok and the car was ok.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: