USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:16:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: OMG QMA ok with dual membership. LOOK OUT!!!  (Read 12144 times)
Melmo
Veteran

« on: October 18, 2008, 08:12:21 AM »

Well with the letter that QMA sent out everyone that wants to have a dual membership better look out. QMA has several thousand dollars of our money and several clubs will be in court at the end of next year if you go with the dual membership because of how it was wrote up. What a JOKE!!!

Melmo In The Fast Lane!!!
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »

Please elaborate.  What letter?  Where is is posted?  What should we look out for?
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »

the problem I see with dual membership is an insurance nightmare that could lead to fubars in case of a claim
mollylewisracing
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 03:01:14 PM »

There is a letter floating around from QMA stating the requirements for clubs (and members) who wish to run dual formats or charters. I had the opportunity to read it, and Melmo speaks the truth.
I hate to say this, and normally I try to give issues time to sort themselves out, but... the way the letter reads it looks like QMA is the one trying to draw lines in the sand.
The main purpose it seems in the intent of the letter is to hurt clubs financially. In other words, to make sure that tracks have to carry insurance on two accounts instead of acquiring it as blanket coverage from one provider. I gave it a quick read because I was between races and working on grabbing our next car, but I am sure there is more that could come from this letter, eg. issues with individual members aside from just clubs as a whole.
I voted for USAC and had some doubts about my decision at first, but the more QMA tries to be the kid who takes his toys and goes home... the more my reservations about USAC subside.
Thank you QMA board for reassuring me in my decision.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:03:50 AM by mollylewisracing » Logged

"Let the rough side drag!"
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »

Just remember all this when the election comes up this year.  VOTE THEM ALL OUT AND MAYBE QMA AND USAC CAN BOTH THRIVE!!!!!!
miller
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 08:58:53 PM »

I would like to see this letter.
USACRULES
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 02:48:36 AM »

Here's the Letter (Let's vote these dictators out next election)

DUAL CHARTER GUIDELINES

Any club wishing to hold a dual charter must adhere to the following guidelines:

Notify the QMA Board, through the National Office, by December 1st in writing if they are going to hold a dual charter. The National Office will also notify the Regional Directors.

Submit a complete racing & practice schedule to fulfill all 365 days of the year showing specific QMA race & practice days along with the specific days the dual chartered organization will hold race and practice days no later than December 31st

K & K Insurance Company will be the insurance carrier for all your QMA chartered events as specified on your schedule as QMA race and practice days.  You will need to ensure that you have separate insurance policy through a separate insurance carrier other than K & K Insurance Company for the days listed on your schedule as being run by another chartered sanctioning body.

All Club Officials and Regional Board of Directors MUST be QMA members

Anyone who is a member of a club choosing to leave QMA, but wishes to remain a QMA member, must transfer their membership to another QMA track in order to retain their QMA membership.

All Clubs wishing to submit any changes and special events must do so through the QMA National Office who will then contact K&K Insurance Company 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:13:06 AM by USACRULES » Logged
Swartz
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »

Aside from the infringment on the freedom to associate this letter fails to state that K&k is the only underwriter in the nation. You may get insurance from different providers but it will be K&K insurance. Apparently, if this letter is real, violation of antitrust law is ok in their eyes.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: