USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:08:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: realize this  (Read 10113 times)
bigal
« on: October 09, 2008, 04:21:30 PM »

i think everyone needs to realize this. getting a usac charter does not mean you have to leave qma. as long as your club votes on it you can have dual charters.(like most big car tracks).which in my opinion gives each club more options. usac already said they dont mind dual charters, the question is will qma allow it. if qma does not allow it then they are telling you they like having the market cornered and being in full control of our sport.which does not benefit anyone especially the kids.(lets remember thats who we are looking out for the kids)
ogracing
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

qma has already stated they will not allow dual charters but what i dont get is they dont own the tracks or property they sit on.so do they have a say?
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:50:58 PM »

just a quick note there also lies an additional insurance cost with dual charters, take for example k&k insurance they provide insurance for a club at a rate of 2700 dollars a year for qma, that only covers qma sanctioned events not usac, you would have to buy another insurance policy to cover the usac events at say another 2700 dollars a year, i dont many clubs that can pay out almost 6000 dollars a year for insurance, so dual charters as good as they sound may not make good financial sense. just my thought.
bigal
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 06:16:36 PM »

big car tracks have blanket coverage. 1 insurance company no matter what sanction is running at your track. thats the way it should be anyhow. there is no reason that should be denied by qma or usac.
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »

i do know of a club trying to find blanket coverage as long as qma will let the club have dual charters. the way i understand the insurance was that the clubs bought it through qma, i could be wrong, i do wander what blanket coverage would be for a club
ogracing
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 06:53:48 AM »

with usac as big as they are i would think that they would have an insurance company available and why is qma so set on the tracks using k&k as they stated in there dual charter letter they sent to the clubs.sounds to me like someone in qma has a vested interest in k&k.sorry to be negitive but my son broke his arm on the track and k&k did nothing so if you think your covered and dont have personal health insurance think again.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: