USAC Racing Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:47:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indy Nationals schedule info  (Read 5628 times)
Kendall42
Veteran

« on: May 04, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »

Liz or USAC...I am looking for more details on the Nationals at Indy.  The format and schedule is not posted yet.  I know the dates are the 6th-10th, but not sure what events are on each day. 

Austin wants to take drivers ed, but the last week of drivers ed is that week!  He can miss ONE day of drivers ed per State law.  So I am trying to figure out if we can do both that week.  Likely not and he has said that he will NOT miss Indy!  He will put off drivers ed till September if needed!  Glad he wants to race!

Thanks,
Brad
USAC Developmental
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »

The schedule will mirror last years "Battle at the Brickyard" and the Mopar Speedzone at Walt Disney World.

Tuesday - Park/Sign In
Wednesday - Practice
Thursday - Heats/Lower Mains
Friday - Lower Mains/A Mains
Saturday - A Mains/Awards Presentation

For those who have run a qualifier registration will begin shortly for the 2nd Annual "Battle at the Brickyard"
rrmracing
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 09:41:53 PM »

Will RV's be permitted to remain with trailers at the track.

USAC Developmental
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 09:44:20 PM »

Yes but you can not sleep inside the Speedway, everyone will have to leave when the gates close.

For those that want to camp you can go across the street or to the campground at ORP.
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »

If you have not been to this show before, it is a blast!  We did Gasoline Alley the last year they had it and then USAC Nats last year.  This is our last year in QM racing, so we are really looking forward to this. 

You do have to exit the Speedway each evening.  They park the trailers in there and unhook so that you can take your RV out to a place to camp each night.  For me, I use a Toy Hauler for our QM racing...so it kinda sucks! LOL  We do not drop the trailer because we also have to sleep in it.  So we do not get a close parking spot.  Have to part where I can pull in and out each day.  But my cars are with me at the campground each night should I have to work on them, that is the only benefit. 

There is a group of us that camp at ORP (O'Rieley's Raceway Park) just a few miles from the Speedway.  It is usually Super Chevy Show weekend as well so there is stuff happening at the dragway, not sure about this year though.  The campground has power hook ups, bathrooms with showers, and lots of open space for the kids to run and play football, etc.  The adults of course have a nice spread of food and a couple fire pits going. 

Turns out to be a fun week all the way around.   We have put off Drivers Ed till fall so we do not have to miss any of Indy week!
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: