USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:12:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: East Coast Challenge info  (Read 10171 times)
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« on: April 26, 2010, 11:30:09 AM »

Anybody have any details for the East Coast Challenge schedule in Metro Atlanta on 5/15? I see we'll have open practices on Friday. How late will that go until? What time do we start on Saturday?

Also what kind of gas, and from where? And we need our own transponders, right?

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:31:45 PM »

Transponder?

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:55:21 PM »

Ray Garcia says we won't need our own.  He claims when he, Metro and North Carolina discussed the East Coast Challenge Series that each track has said they would have transponders available for rent.  I haven't heard that from anyone at the Metro track.  At this point I have reached out to most of the board there via email, but haven't gotten any responses.  Hopefully they will have them or else I guess we will waste and 8 hour drive.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »

I'm getting the answers to all of your questions -- I'll post them as soon as I verify everything.
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

I know that our track does not have transponders to rent, unless they are borrowing some. If you have a ATV , golf cart, polaris ranger, etc  bring it. There is a huge paved hill on backside of track that you pull your pit car up. Its a killer doing it and will save  you time if you have something to pull it up with!  Just a little tip that was not given out at USAC race a few weeks ago! Save your back!  we usually have practice up to 10 pm, track is well lighted.  I do not know when we can arrive on Friday, but i am sure that info will be out there.  On gas, on local races, track provides gas , but again, that may change due to amount of cars coming. Its a great track ! 

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 01:05:51 AM »

Everyone -- please go to our website (maqma.org) to verify everything pertaining to the upcoming ECC race. Everything should be posted on the home page. If you have additional questions, please call me (770-893-3041).

Thanks!
Shelly Harwell
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:50:06 AM »

It says transponders will be used, but doesn't say if they will be available for rent or if they will be supplied by the track.  Any thoughts there?

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
tnbradfo
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »

Any clarification on having to run 4 or 6 races for the ECC?

Thanks
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:48 PM »

Scott -- they will either be available to rent or we will do the same thing we did at the national race and use the local members' on everyone's cars. I believe that JL has e-mailed Ray Garcia about it -- I'm not sure if he's heard back from him yet? Do you guys use transponders in Tampa?
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:30:05 PM »

Can some one tell me how batch qualifying works? How many cars on track at same time?   What if your qualifying and some one spins and you get collected?

thanks 

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:11 AM »

We use transponders in Tampa, however they implemented something other than the AMB system, so the transponders we rent in Tampa wouldn't work at any other QM track I have been to, including Metro Atlanta.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 10:22:05 AM »

OK......we'll work it all out one way or another. As long as we have 24 transponders we will be able to have an entire race on the track with transponders and the next one out will have them. Then we'll just collect them at the scale house and put them on the next race. That's how we did it at the national race.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: