USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:37:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Transportation to Orange Show  (Read 20480 times)
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« on: April 06, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »

It is now less than 4 weeks away until the truck leaves for the USAC .25 National races at Orange Show in San Bernardino, CA. If you wish to have your cars hauled out to these races NOW is the time to get on the list so that we can make sure we have a spot for your car or cars. We should be able to haul about 30 cars in addition to the 3 USAC Focus Midget cars. For a hundred dollars your car will be taken to CA and back. I have about 15 spots left as of April 6th.

You have never raced on anything like the Orange Show track. It is one awesome facility.

If you have already contacted me about taking your cars please verify with me that you are still interested so that we dont have any left behind.

We have found airline tickets for as low as $285.00 round trip into Ontario, CA

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
jdracing
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »

Is it 100 per car or per person?Where did you find the flight rate also
JP3Racing
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:32:43 PM »

Where is the truck leaving from?  Are there other loading points along the way?
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:22:21 AM »

We plan to load a bunch of them after the Toledo club race on May 2nd. Anyone can bring them to my race shop if they prefer.

We will be making one stop in the Indy area on the way out.

The truck is scheduled to leave sometime on Monday May 3rd.

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
A and J Racing
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »

You can click on the following link for hotel information closest to Orange Show Speedway. There is also restaurants listed on the same page. Scroll towards bottom.

http://osqmra.com/gpage16.html

Hope to see everyone there.

Rodney
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 03:21:50 PM »

I do not want to sound negative, but this offers those in the locations mentioned an unfair advantage to compete in additional events based upon cost.  Those in states like FL and others must endure the full cost of driving the distance , pulling a trailer, etc.  While they may be able to pool, I do not approve of the sanctioning body showing this kind of preferential treatment to a segemnt of members based upon location.  I do not believe that offering to drop your car at an event is the same for those that must drive long distances to those events (pick-up/drop locations).  USAC should be offering everyone the same service for the same price from whatever location they may be or all should be subject to the same ability to transport on their own accord.
d4hall
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »

I don't think this is a USAC Truck. This is an individual offering to help fellow racers. Am I correct here?

Dale Hall
Columbus, Ohio
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »

ezoner - The offer that was made is my personal offer and is not associated with USAC in any way. We had planned to go out to California and race the Quarter Midgets and our Focus cars at the same time. I have room in MY trailer to haul more cars so I put the offer out there to anyone that would like to tag along. Again...this is my personal truck and trailer...my driver and my nickel.....or two. I hope this clears that up and I do understand your concern.

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 03:42:48 PM »

Also if you remember a while back USAC struck a deal with a freight company (James help here). Very easy to crate up a car and send it to California. I believe quite a few did this years previous for the Ernie Bose.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »

Eric...you deserve a pat on the back for making this offer to anyone that wants to run Orange Show.  Ignore the negative comments and keep doing what you do for our sport.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »

Sprintcar -- if this is you perosnally -- I agree with others...... It came across as though this was a USAC rig.....  Sorry for the confusion.  If this you personally  -- I agree, its great to see groups working together.
USAC Developmental
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »

This is in no way a part of USAC.

Mr. Rankine is offering this out of his generosity.  For those who have never been to Orange Show its a ultra fast unique facility and well worth the trip!

For those not in the Midwest looking to go to the race, below is the contact information for one of our shipping partners.  You will find Gordon has the best prices in the business, feel free to give him a call.

Gordon W. Steffens, Jr.
Performance Plus, Inc.
942 Hemsath Road
St. Charles, M0 63303
(314) 368-4251 Direct
(866) 966-PLUS
gordon@myperformanceplus.com

www.myperformanceplus.com

Phil
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »

I really dont understand why it would make a difference.  

Thanks to Eric and others across the country that work together and donate tons of time and money to this sport.    
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 05:52:40 PM »

Anybody from Florida planning/interested in the CA race? I know we most likely wouldn't be able to make any of Eric's pickup points (too far for us), but I'm wondering if a shipping company such as Gordon's offers discounts if multiple cars are picked up at the same location? Anyone know how this would work?

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »

If anyone in Florida is looking for a hauler driver for the trip to CA, I would be willing to do the driving out there for just the small fee of including one of AJ's cars in the trailer...oh yeah a 45lb driver also has to have a spot in the rig too. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: