USAC Racing Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:24:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Mickyard  (Read 10575 times)
Joe W
Rookie

« on: February 25, 2010, 03:16:42 PM »

I was just wanting to know if any body has come up with any answers on alot of the questions asked about that event.  Are we going to be in an area that are motorhomes can stay hooked to the trailers the whole time? Or do we have to start finding a campground in that area and get a rental car to go from campgrounds to race track? Also does anybody know exactly were the race track is going to be?  If there is anybody that can help me so I can start getting this trip planned that would be awsome. thanks Joe Woosley   
USAC Developmental
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »

You will be able to leave trailers overnight but will not be able to stay in the motorhomes at the race track site (Disney ESPN Wild World of Sports).  As many have posted on here the Animal Kingdom campground at Disney are where several people will be camping with their motorhomes.

The racetrack will be on the premise of the ESPN Wild World of Sports...
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/wide-world-of-sports/

As you can see from the pic its a pretty impressive complex.

Joe feel free to email or call me if you have any other questions.  We are looking forward to the event!

CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »

You probably won't need a rental car if you stay at on Disney premises. They have regular shuttle buses that run from their resorts to all the attractions.

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 11:05:22 PM »

Is the track going to be installed in the parking lots that I see on this site? What days are the races actually going to be? I know like myself, a lot of people do have good questions to be answered to determine if they are going to the Mickyard.

Thanks
jenevans
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »

I am a race mom and a travel agent and I just wanted to let the .25 racing families know that I am booking the Mickyard Disney Packages for the same rates as Disney, BUT I am giving a percentage of my earnings from Disney back to your home track for each family that books with me. My email is jennifer@abysmalblue.com and you can call (770) 366-5918 with any other questions.  Disney would not allow USAC to post my info on the main page, but I am authorized to book the same USAC packages and I have already been working with a few families.  I look forward to hearing from you and meeting all of you at Disney.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:49:08 PM by jenevans » Logged
lizc456
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:27:12 PM »

I talked to James this morning about the Disney schedule.  Wednesday is practice, with racing Thursday through Saturday.  They plan to end each race day early (mid to late afternoon) so that families can enjoy the area in the evenings.

Liz Compton
President, BQMRA

Liz Compton
BQMRA
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 08:09:02 PM »

I did find out today that the $13 a day to get into the park is not for the .25 being our race is outside the park. This came from USAC.
y2slim
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:47 AM »

developmental,
Is there any way to get a schedule for this event? To determine our travel plans.  When to park, sign in etc.
jenevans
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:43:13 AM »

Just an update, if you are planning to extend your stay at Disney after the Mickyard.  While booking a family over the weekend, Disney advised me that resorts are almost sold out for the days following the race.  If you are considering extending, please deposit on your trip ASAP.  jennifer@abysmalblue.com  or 770-366-5918. 
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: