USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:45:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Columbus Indoor - WEBCAST  (Read 17530 times)
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« on: February 23, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »

The last races of the indoor season at the 2010 Columbus Indoor Winternationals will be webcast LIVE for the first time this coming weekend.

The USAC Midwest Thunder Championship Series along with the support of USAC will broadcast all racing both days live. You can view it at www.usacracing.com/usac_live

The plan is to start the live feed about noon on Saturday after qualifying is over. Sunday will also be webcast live starting about 12:00. We also plan to have some taped and live interviews added to the racing on the track if time permits.

The only issue that could DQ the webcast would be poor internet speeds and or poor lighting. We will test this again first thing again Friday morning.

Any changes will be posted to this forum as soon as possible.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:42:20 PM by sprintcar39 » Logged

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »

Would think lighting might be an issue, but awesome anyways!!!
ctaylor
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »

I would like to give a big thanks to Eric for working on this. I know he has given alot of his own time to put this together.
Thank you Eric
Griffin Brown Racing
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:54:36 PM »

Thanks for everything you do for this sport Eric!!!!!!!

Scott

Scott Brown

--------------------sponsors----------------------------------
Baker Racing Engines
Orr Motorsports (for all your motorsports needs)
Klotz Lubricants
Covington Coney's
Moore @ Associates
Brute Power Pipes ---www.brutepipes.com
One Stop Auto
Whitley Welding & Fabricating
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 09:01:45 AM »

Thanks everyone....just living the dream.  Grin Racing with my kid - spending time with my family and having a lot of fun along the way. It is so great to be working with such great people in this sport. All the club presidents work so good together. The racing is just awesome and so many great people working together. This is how Quarter Midget racing should be.

I must add that there are many people that work daily behind the scenes helping to make your .25 experience the best it can be. Remember to thank your club officers, race officials, USAC and anyone that steps up to allow you to race with your kids. Even though you don't always agree with them they have everyones best interest at heart.

Now back to the LIVE WEBCAST ---  Tell your family and friends to tune in on Saturday about noon.

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:27:41 AM »

So this is a USAC event. Wont there be an issue with racers that dont have a .25 club or track in their area having to join USAC for a 1 race deal?
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »

Phil....should be no issue at all. Most of the people that run the indoor series will also be running many of the other USAC events in 2010 like the "Battle at the Brickyard" for example.

and --  for those that this will be a one off race, USAC is offering a "one free pass" to try out the USAC .25 experience.

also....most of the USAC .25 clubs will have people there that can get you signed up the day of the event.

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 10:04:21 AM »

Thats pretty neat, an organization that truly cares about youth racing. I knew USAC did the 1 free pass last year and to continue it this year really shows committment in the sport.

Thanks for the reply.

Phil
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »

It's always great to "try it before you buy it" and their are not very many places that allow that.  Odds are you will buy it after you try it...  ;-)

sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »

If anyone would like to purchase/donate some tapes we could record this event for future use.

The tapes we would need are : Mini DV Digital Cassette - these are good for 63 minutes. It could take about 10 - 12 tapes per day.

We could also use Mini DV HDV/DV Cassette - These are High Def and cost more but give a better picture.

( still waiting for my government stimulus check...LOL )
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:55:29 PM by sprintcar39 » Logged

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
bucketparts
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 08:22:08 PM »

where can those tapes be obtained for the best price??
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 09:01:52 PM »

I would think a Best Buy or something like that?

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 05:23:42 AM »

I would also check your Goodwill. When I was in TV Productions in high school a few years back, a local goodwill stocked these at a great price. I don't know if it was just a local thing, or if they still do, but it saved us a lot of money.

Could be worth a shot anyway. But yes, Best Buy will certainly have them.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 06:09:28 PM »

Well...so far so good. The lighting is fine. The upload speeds come and go. So they can be good (clear video) or slow which results in a choppy video. We are doing our best to get the best signal we can in this metal building (with snow on the roof).

We are hoping that this will work for all of you sitting home snowed in. It may not be perfect for the first time (Midwest Thunder Series) but we have learned a lot today. Once we get outdoors it will be much easier for the webcast Midwest Thunder Championship Series races.

If this does not work....please dont blame USAC as this is supported by them but not being handled by them this weekend. And the MWT BOD thanks them for their support.

Enjoy

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »

Thanks for all your hard work Eric, seems like you spent your Friday working on this.  Much appreciated!
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: