USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:44:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Shocks  (Read 15819 times)
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 11:08:10 PM »

Just get it rolling and hit the switch.  We haven't had to pick it up off the ground.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 12:42:56 AM »

We pick ours up, seems to help get it to turn over, and get it rolling a little better. Plus it allows me to get a running start
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 01:48:30 AM »

We found a few things to get it started on the track easily.

One, you've got to warm it up shortly before the race.

Two, and this is for cold starts also, you have to go light on the throttle to start and ease into the gas. If you mash the gas, you'll flood the carb, resulting in a difficult crank on the pit cart, or a jerky "start" on the track. The hardest thing was for our driver to feel just the right amount of gas to give it. It's really just a touch to get it going, then slowly easing into the throttle.

Three, flip the switch after you get going.

Four, when you're pushing off, follow through even if it sounds like it's cranking. A some downforce helps. (I'm short, and I couldn't get the right angle downward. But taller folks seem to have no problems). Having two people pushing helps.

Once you get the hang of it, you shouldn't have to lift the car to start.

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 09:37:14 PM »

Thanks for all the tips from everyone. It almost sounds like the Deco Stocker when pushing it off. Like I said in an earlier reply, Wanted, young strong legs for the 2010 season. We are running both, animal and stocker. keep us in your prayer's. LOL

Thanks,
Mike
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: