March 29, 2024, 11:49:07 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: best series?  (Read 18056 times)
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »

yeah to bad levi...well didnt win haha jkjk
I personally like any open wheel race. I don't know much about the Ford Focus racing. I really enjoy the Outlaws but as one other posted the Sprints at the smaller tracks are great also. The best race I saw all year was the Bloomington race during the Indiana Sprint week. I was also at the Knoxville Nationals and that was just incredible. So to answer your poll Sprints Sprints and More Sprints winged and non winged.

Yeah, that Bloomington race rocked.  It just seemed to me that Coons really got the handle down that last few laps.  You gotta love multi groove racing.

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
TNiblack68
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 05:09:02 PM »

I personally like any open wheel race. I don't know much about the Ford Focus racing. I really enjoy the Outlaws but as one other posted the Sprints at the smaller tracks are great also. The best race I saw all year was the Bloomington race during the Indiana Sprint week. I was also at the Knoxville Nationals and that was just incredible. So to answer your poll Sprints Sprints and More Sprints winged and non winged.

Yeah, that Bloomington race rocked.  It just seemed to me that Coons really got the handle down that last few laps.  You gotta love multi groove racing.

Not only multi grooved but very clean with several cars side by side the whole race. Bloomington rocks. My personal favorite.
Non-wing
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 10:53:51 PM »

I agree.  Bloomington usually has at least a top and a bottom and frequently 3 or more grooves.  And they do a nice job of moving the show along too.  Another great track is Tri-State down in Haubstadt.  Usually multiple grooves and awesome for sprint cars.  Friendly staff and well run, too.  Admittedly, haven't been to the reconfigured 'Burg or Kokomo, but LOVE Bloomington and Tri-State
TNiblack68
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »

I agree.  Bloomington usually has at least a top and a bottom and frequently 3 or more grooves.  And they do a nice job of moving the show along too.  Another great track is Tri-State down in Haubstadt.  Usually multiple grooves and awesome for sprint cars.  Friendly staff and well run, too.  Admittedly, haven't been to the reconfigured 'Burg or Kokomo, but LOVE Bloomington and Tri-State

I made both tracks this year. I really like Kokomo, they also move the show along. That is also one very fast 1/4 mile track. Lawrenceburg I was not all that impressed with. I went to the first race at the new configuration and it just seemed like they did not have it together. I think the turns were too wide for the straights. The show went well passed 1AM that night too. I will make it back though since that was my only trip there. I have yet to make it to Haubstadt though but want to bad. I heard that they use straw and manure to keep the moisture in the track.
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 12:26:03 AM »

yeah i cant wait for the granite city race 3/8 mile=lots of fun

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
Tripcrwn
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »

I am a sprint car fan. Basic west coast USAC/CRA. It had been a few years since I attended a midget race, but was there at Calistoga for the rare sprint/midget double over Labor Day. Both events were outstanding, but I must say that the midget main events both nights were spectacular. Still a sprint car fan first, but those midgets sure impressed me at the big half-mile.
Kudos to USAC for such a great weekend of racing!   Shocked

Bob Davidson
Bellflower, CA.
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 10:17:21 AM »

yeah the midget race at terre haute last night was amazing!

Reply Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: