USAC Racing Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:41:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Disney Lodging?  (Read 7146 times)
PBCorreaRN
Rookie

« on: January 26, 2010, 11:56:22 AM »

Does anyone know if USAC has worked out any lodging deals with Disney?? If they have does anyone have any info?

If you guys are making it a "family vacation" Are you spending your time in the parks prior to race days or the week after??

We are new to USAC this year and have questions... Gavin is Jr. Novice (per QMA) Not sure if USAC uses the same term... Will he race all 4 days?? Have a lot of planning to do and even more questions!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide! We are looking forward to a great year!

Paula
NCQMA
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »

I think everyone has questions that are needing answered:

Physically were will we be racing on the grounds?
Can we park trlrs and/or RV's before and/or after event in order to partake in Disney activities?
Are there Discount packages being developed (highly discounted of course): RV park, Hotels, Disney parks, Epcot, etc.?
If applicable, what is Disney/USAC's preference to our "vacationing"- either before or after event?
Are trlr parking passes required- if so is there a cost and how much?

I'm confident James and the rest of the gang are working feverishly to get answers to all of our questions. As much as it is on our minds to get some info, we must be patient. Perhaps we can continue posting some of our specific questions on the forum so that the USAC group can be sure to get answers to all of them in their planning of the event and not keep having to answers individual calls for the info. I'm guessing that could aid in speeding up the process a bit. This way they know our questions/concerns but are not taking time away from planning to answer our calls/emails.

Keep up the good work- just do it faster (j/k- well not really).

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »

Yes we are racing on the grounds, at the Wide World of Sports complex Disney does have lodging / park packages available for USAC members are we encourage participants to take advantage of the park (cmon... that's like sitting a bowl of ice cream next to me and tell me I am eating just the cake!)

We are finalizing details and we, as well as Disney, will have event details posted very soon.

LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:36:48 PM »

Anybody have a big shoe horn? Lauren wants to race this and of course everyone else wants to see the mouse.
dherndon
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:40:24 AM »

FWIW, we were just at Disney.....the campground at Fort Wilderness would be great for RV'ers and there are Cabins there too for folks who don't have campers but want to be close to the rest of the QM crowd.   And the campground has some sort of parking area I noticed near the check-in center....there were trailers and haulers parked there I assume owned by people who were camping....might work out perfect.

Dave.
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 06:43:07 PM »

I agree we stayed there this year and if we go thats were will stay it's nice,shuttle,pool,horseback riding,canoeing and they also have a show there it's fun.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: