USAC Racing Forum
March 18, 2024, 10:37:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Two Questions for Mini-Indy Club  (Read 25623 times)
Birdcage
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:51:22 PM »

(1) Does any body know whats up with the Subway team and their hatred toward USAC.  All the one lady talks about is how they got screwed in the ford focus division.  (theres always two sides to every story.)
(2)  Who thinks that if the Mini-Indy decides not to go USAC how fast would it take for USAC to start .25 club anyway with a different track.  My guess within a year.
TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:57:58 AM »

Who knows!!!  Everybody is entitiled to their opinion.  They are only one voice.  Vote what you feel is right.  Either way Mini-Indy will still be there and we will have a place to race. And if we do not go this year, we can always go in the future.  I encourage you to contact them individually and ask them why they feel this way.  Lets watch the Webinar tonight, than discuss this.
rjmoul
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:17:15 AM »

(1)   Does any body know whats up with the Subway team and their hatred toward USAC.  All the one lady talks about is how they got screwed in the ford focus division.  (theres always two sides to every story.)

Having such a large membership and being centrally located in Indianapolis (the true racing capital of the world) means that our club  will be made up of folks who have all forms of racing experience.   This family has been a tremendous asset to our  club for many years and have a tremendous amount racing experience (both QM and others).    I certainly understand their concern .   They have been a part of the Ford Focus program for several years (or more) and have seen the issues that the “new” USAC is facing with it.   

(2)  Who thinks that if the Mini-Indy decides not to go USAC how fast would it take for USAC to start .25 club anyway with a different track.  My guess within a year.

It certainly is possible.

Each member of our club has a right and I hope exercises that right to formulate and vote on what they feel is best for the club.     

This is not your father’s USAC, but it still does not take away some of the pain folks have experienced  under the old regime.   As I look at it,  USAC offers a tremendous opportunity for our club  and the sport to be taken to the next level.     As I weight the pros and cons,   I  feel USAC is the better choice for the future.     There will be struggles and there will be changes no matter what the club decides,  but in the end we have to look at not only what is best for our drivers,  but also for the next generation of drivers.   

Regards,

Bob Moul
Proud Mini Indy Member
racingforkids
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:07:20 PM »

test
racingforkids
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »

As for the ladies concerns, it has nothing to do with Subway.  She has been a long time QMA member and a USAC member and sees no good reason for Mini Indy to join USAC.  USAC was the governing body of QMA from I believe 2001 until 2006 and they did absolutely nothing for QMA except to invite the Grands winners to their annual awards banquet.  The association did absolutely nothing to move or advance quarter midget drivers careers, which seems to be the biggest reason most want the go back to USAC.  As for the tires, that's a choice.  Up until last year we never used Vegas we used Dunlops and Firestone and some still do and are competitive.  You put into this sport the financial amount you choose as a family, believe it or not everyone is not the next USAC star or even a NASCAR star.  Those that do succeed, parents usually put every dime they possibly can into this sport and only hope that someone else with a more expendable cash flow will give their drive a chance.  As the others said, everyone has a choice and they should make it, but they should make it with all the facts not just what someone wants you to hear.  Ask some other USAC members what they think and you will get for the most part the same concensus, keep QM for the kids and at the family level.  USAC is and has always been about the money and nothing else.  Maybe the turn regime will change things, but shouldn't they straighten out what they already have before they embark on something new to potentially mess up?
Tom23
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »

For the millionth time, USAC was NEVER the governing body for QMA, they were merely the
management company. (book keepers basically) They did everything they were contracted to do.
JMW23
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 08:45:41 AM »

Well Said!
TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 09:15:11 AM »

Fellow mini-indy members,

After watching the webinar last night it is my opinion that we go with USAC.  Not that my opinion means anything to anybody Smiley.  If you did not get to see it please talk to someone who did.  You can call me at 812-620-0532 if you want to discuss it.

Tyson Thompson
IndyQMDad
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 09:17:24 AM »

Reading this thread is disappointing. This is hardly the place to make these types of comments towards a family that is not even here to defend themselves, don't you think? Especially anonymously.

You may not agree with their opinions, but they are entitled to them just as you are to yours. However, expressing such harsh opinions publicly in a forum where kids are sure to be reading the posts shows a total lack of tact. There are probably kids reading your posts, and you may be talking about one of their closest racing friend's family. Keep that in mind when you post. After all, isn't this supposed to be about the kids?

As others have stated, contact them directly to discuss why they feel as they do about USAC. They've had more experience dealing directly with USAC then most of us, so you might learn something you didn't already know...good or bad.

Let's agree to put an end to this negative thread. Nothing constructive will ever come of it.

Just my $.02

Another proud Mini Indy member
David Freeman

David
Birdcage
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 12:31:26 PM »

I agree with Tyson, USAC has so much to offer that we should not refuse this opportunity.  This is a win win situation for the kids to get more exposure, meet drivers, attend events normally only for the big guys, and the backing of a fully established racing organization that can help keep costs down for enrollement, insurance and equipment.  For them to take on this type of role, is not like it was before.  It is essential to look to the opportunities of the future and not look back.  All sides should be examined and weighed.  Just keep asking, what has QMA done for the indidvidual and what does USAC have to offer?
racingforkids
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 05:06:48 PM »

AMEN Mr. Freeman.  That family has been involved with USAC and are are a good family and should not be crucified for their opinions.

The stepping stone from QM is Kenyon and Ford Focus, check your old QM directories and call some of those families who moved on to USAC and ask them what they think of the next step.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and for those of you who want to blast someone for thier opinion should have enough backbone to identify yourself, don't hide behind a made up name.  Go talk to that family and you will discover they are a very good family and only have the best interest of the kids and the club at heart.  They remained involved with QM even after their son was no longer a QM driver, which is the last 5 or 6 years I think.

Make your decision and leave that family alone, they have not harmed or hurt anyone of you on this string of comments.  They are entitled to their opinion and the right to share it, just as you are.
Birdcage
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 06:51:07 PM »

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion and for those of you who want to blast someone for thier opinion should have enough backbone to identify yourself, don't hide behind a made up name."

This is kind of funny coming from somebody also with a hidden name.  When this thread was started nobody blasted anybody it was just a general question.  The subway team states their opinion very loudly to all the members and whoever will listen.  Obviously, from other people that have replied to this thread there are quite a few families that have witnessed this. 
racingforkids
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 05:33:24 PM »

If you don't want to know their opinion don't ask.  Seems to me this discussion has only come up when the topic has been brought up and someone was asking for opinions.
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 12:37:33 PM »

I honestly wonder why USAC is even interested in QM racing.  It seems like more of a headache then what it is worth to me.

I don't buy that QM racing is a stepping stone to the next levels of USAC racing.  Most kids won't race again when they retire from Quarter Midgets and those that do will likely be on dirt (600s, Mini-Sprints, etc) rather than Ford Focus or Kenyon.  Most families can't afford that type of racing.

I'll be honest, I am no fan of national QMA.  Some really dumb decisions come from there and the constant rule changes get to be a little ridiculous.  That being said I am not sure what USAC can do that will make things better.

We are retiring after this season so it will not impact us but we still have a lot of friends that race at Mini-Indy.  I hope the right choice is made for the right reasons and not because it it one 'click' vs another.

Vader
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 12:51:45 PM »

Philheil,  What was your vote for indy. USAC or QMA? I am curious, because, you are not running next year, so your vote only will effect others.

USAC, you heard him... Time to start sanctioning Micro sprints.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: