USAC Racing Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:52:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: AGE CUT OFF DATES  (Read 18405 times)
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »

It is a really tough subject because no matter what happens somebody loses out.  If you make the date September 1, there is going to be a kid with a birthday of August 30 that is going to lose out...

I would think somewhere in the September area as the cutoff date would be reasonable, but before that I think you start to hurt the younger ones because there is such a difference in attention span and focus between a 7 and 9 year old.

I agree though this is a great topic and exactly what this forum is for. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »

Speaking with the state youth co-ordinator here, he said they use this: Any child turning of the age after June 1st, may move up to the next age group at the start of the season if approved by the board or may choose to stay in it's class for the entire season, but can not move up and later choose to be moved back down. This kind of goes along with the fact neither organization (USAC or QMA) will let a child move up than move back down later in the season. Maybe we can start a debate on this and see where this takes us.

Thanks,
Mike
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »

On thing that could maybe come into play is how long you have been racing too, but then that adds a ton of administrative headache to the process. 

What I am saying is if your kids started racing when he was 8, maybe he could stay in Jr that year he turned 9, but if your kid started racing when he was 5 he couldn't.  Again not a perfect scenario because of the headache of tracking all that, but something like that could address the issue with kids with little experience getting thrown to the wolves in Sr Honda.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: