April 24, 2024, 10:29:21 PM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Sad News, Bill Carlson, RIP  (Read 11076 times)
idhale
Rookie

« on: December 28, 2009, 10:04:16 PM »

Sad news for the Carlson family, Bill Carlson passed away Sunday morning after a long tough battle. Our thoughts are with his wife Judy and all family members during this difficult time.
I am sure details will be posted soon,

We love ya Bill, RIP,
"Wild Bill from Sugar Hill Always Raced and Always Will"
Edwards family
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:52:16 PM »

Bill was always fun to be at the track with and always had a smile. It was always clear to see that he loved being at the race track with his Grandson Nick! I'm sure that Bill and Jeff Schankerman are entrtaining God now with their bench racing stories.
God speed Bill, you will be missed!

To the Caarlson family, you are in our prayers.
The Swanson Motorsports team.
midmad68
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:33:22 AM »

Bill was a true pleasure to be around at the track. Our prayers go out to Nick and the rest of the family.

The Johnson's

slide or be slid...
Swanson Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 04:57:52 PM »

Funeral and Viewing Services for Bill Carson:

A Viewing Service will be held at Chapel of Memories on Monday January 4th 2010 from 5PM to 9PM.
Funeral Services will be held on Tuesday January 5th 2010 at 10AM at Chapel of Memories. The address is:
12626 Woods Avenue
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562) 863-8731

It breaks my heart to lose another close friend so soon.  It’s only been a short year since Bill and I lost our close friend Jeff Schankerman. Bill was a great man with true Integrity. He really enjoyed helping others just to see them succeed.  He was determined help his Grandson Nick become a man of Integrity and succeed in life as well.  Bill, Job Well Done!  Thanks for all the memories.  Thanks for all the advice. Thanks for being such a Great Friend!

Our prayers are with Judy, Nick, Tracy, Bill Jr. and the whole Carson family.

Bill, we Love you buddy and miss you already.

Sincerely, Chris, Michele, Jake & Haley      
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 05:06:14 PM by Swanson Motorsports » Logged
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »

For those that were not able to attend Bills memorial, it was awesome. The minister did a great job of telling Bills story and the additional storys from Steve Lewis, Gordy Edwards and Sean Parr were very touching with lots of laughs and e few tears as well! It was easy to tell that Bill has MANY freinds as the chapel was filled to overflowing capacity!
Thanks Bill for the memories, God speed.

The Swanson Motorsports team.
thunsak06
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »

This is terrible news. I was blessed to have known Bill & his grandson Nick since there quarter midget days,  Bill always had a smile on his face when I saw him at the track.  Always had time to stop & chat.  God speed & God bless.

Todd Hunsaker
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: