USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:40:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: USAC vs QMA  (Read 141636 times)
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »

Did I understand them to say they spent $50,000 to shoot a comercial and $100,000 to have it aired?
Mark Wilsdon
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2010, 03:39:51 PM »

Tony, you will run out of breath before you will have them understand the facts as you know them. I hope that Kevin will remove this thread soon because it is counter productive.
Mark Wilsdon
Proud member of both
QMA and USAC
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »

At least, here, we can have the discussion. and since you brought it up, what are the facts. As you know them.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:00:36 PM by Swartz » Logged
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »

Whats wrong with the discussion Mark? No name callin', No threats, No lies, just information being shared.

Cant argue with facts.

I'm sure Mark you have chimed in to get people jazzed up, post a bunch of hateful crap so Kevin will shut this down.

Your QMA forum may be helpful to you.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2010, 04:29:33 PM »

Just ignore the negative feed back from these guys and lets concentrate on making USAC better. The better will bring in all the new drivers that want a great organization. Don't reply and they will eventually go away.

Thanks,
Mike
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »

I've said nothing negative about either organization and again state I think having both can ulimately make them both stronger as long as we do not become IRL vs Kart. Piss and vinegar, venom and anger, he said, she said, etc! I hope to race USAC .25 at some point but am a QMA member and have been for going on 8 years. Oh well as per miketsmith's statements and Myron's wishes......I will just go away unless I decide to join USAC and then maybe I will feel welcomed in a public open forum.

hey Mark W, I am just trying to understand the title of this thread "USAC vs QMA". See you at the Grands!

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »

Live Strong -- I agree with everything you said.  That was exactly my interpretation and I provided that feedback.  That board members should have NO affiliation with manufacturers/builders.  Meaning that if you are on a board, and you supply products to that industry and can profit from board decisions, there is a conflict of interest.  I would think that any member, if they desired, and had the resources could challenge that legally.

I also see issues with an inability for the membership to have a say in the board structure.  So voting in the board has both advantages and disadvantages, as does an employee position.

My biggest concern over the life of 2 organizations, is how do we maintain parity so that we can run both long term.  I can see where the two could diverge in the future.  That would be a significant deterrent to running both series.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »

I share the same concerns.  The split of CART and IRL didn't help the open wheel racing community at all and really gave stock car racing the shot in the arm it needed...

I think both organizations owe it to their membership to do all they can to make sure people that need to run both series to get their kids the seat time they need to keep moving forward can do so at a reasonable cost.  If it gets to the point that we need two completely separate cars to run in Tampa and New Smyrna because the rules are so different, we would probably sell everything QM related and just go Bandolero or Mini-Cup racing (that is about our only other option for kids in our area).

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »

Tony, I never said go away. As a matter of fact I said at least we can have the discussion here. I just don't understand how pointing out the obvious is negative. BTW, when I asked about the money for the TV ad that was a real question. Takes a lot of stones to hang out that kind of cash with no gaurante of results. At least someone tried but was the membership aware? First I heard of it. Personaly I liked the live webcasts this summer. Created a lot of buzz.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2010, 06:08:43 PM »

I am as close to Tampa and New Smyrna as I am to MAQMA but choose MAQMA because my son loves it there. To come to New Smyrna, which is QMA, I now would have to change everything, which we are going to do anyhow to run both organizations. I too hope that some day both organizations will see eye to eye.

Thanks,
Mike
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 12:33:13 AM »

I tink it's just as likely that QMA and USAC will go in different directions. I"M NOT BEING NEGATIVE! ( I feel better now) There were a lot of reasons the tracks that left QMA did so. QMA has kept it's heels dug into the past so it's just like when gramps did it. That has good points but the world has changed a lot. Whoever thought drifting would be a sport? I think, and I don't know, that the membership in USAC will be more proactive in updating engine platforms and stuff. The leadership is a lot more accessable to the membership (no COC for not following the chain of command, whatever that is depending on who you are. OK that was negative.) But realisticly, when you look at big events, everyone should be welcome and there should be parody. Like the Tulsa Shootout last weekend. They had over 1000 entries in a bunch of classes. They were from all over the country and run a lot of different sanctioning bodies and track rules but, when you get there, you play by their rules period. USAC allows one race without buying a membership and I saw some QMA members take advantage of that at the Indy Nationals. No problem. Just more racers. I wish QMA would allow for something like that for the grands. I missed that post where Tony said I was putting harder, slower tires on our $10,000 AA. Well we won two championships with it. Stayed right at the same lap times as the Vegas. Just spent half as much money on tires. That's the kind of change that can be good.  Any takers at $3500?
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:30 AM »

Tony, you will run out of breath before you will have them understand the facts as you know them. I hope that Kevin will remove this thread soon because it is counter productive.
Mark Wilsdon
Proud member of both
QMA and USAC

Since when is constructive criticism counter productive? Been through something similar in my neck of the woods and it has me so burnt out on qm racing I don't know how likely we are to even run this season.

I have yet to see anything bad on the thread. You just don't like the opinions being expressed so you think they are bad. Instead of wishing it away, why don't you bring your side of the story, and if it's as right as you think, then everyone else probably will too.
GB3
Rookie

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2010, 06:03:45 AM »

"I missed that post where Tony said I was putting harder, slower tires on our $10,000 AA. Well we won two championships with it. Stayed right at the same lap times as the Vegas. Just spent half as much money on tires. That's the kind of change that can be good." 

With that being said why the need for a spec tire? Those that want to save money can bolt on
Hoosiers which time and time again as been stated as being durable and as fast if not faster than Vegas. Those who have the need to spend can bolt on Vegas. That being a choice made by me not for me. Spec or no spec some will put on new rubber every raceday.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:05:58 AM by GB3 » Logged
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2010, 10:30:41 AM »

Obviously you were not at the grands in Topeka. The Vega tires showed up and they were .3 faster than anything else. There was a limited supply and they got really really expensive if you could get them at all. $300 a set in some cases. I talked to a Jr. Honda handler that had a tire bill over $2,000. In part because he brought tires that had worked well in the past and were now worthless. You don't want a spec tire? Fine. Make a rule that no tire can be run that is not pre approved and there must be a supply large enough to service everyone. No more sneak attacks. I think it's just easier to have a spec tire like the rest of the whole racing world where they figured this stuff out a couple of decades ago.
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2010, 11:18:36 AM »

Swartz -- How would you know its the tire?  Could be set-up in general, could be a number of things to get the .3. 

Even if you put both types on the same car, the set-up may need to change to address the difference in the tire.  Air pressures, etc...

So to blame it on the tire seems kinda weak.

As for another comment I saw above.  If QMA and USAC get to far appart and if USAC changes engine formats etc... quickly as suggested for motor platforms, that would push allot of people to select one or the other or to quit all together. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: