USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:44:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: anything new with tenn and cummings  (Read 41686 times)
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 05:53:15 PM »

Keep in mind Ban One, if you come to Metro , you will have to join USAC another 250.00 in additional to your QMA at Cumming, even for one race.  Another bad move for Cumming to stay QMA, oh well ,

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »

No matter what you do or say, it is still all for the kids. I do understand the situation with the Fair Grounds. It does dictate your schedule and how you have to control what you can and can not do as for the schedule. I know some of us at MAQMA will come and race at NGQMA when the schedules do not conflict. I just wish the best for the driver's and hope all of them have fun and stay safe.

Thanks,
Mike
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 06:41:26 PM »

$250 to join Metro Atlanta?  Wow that is a lot.

Well said Mike...it is all about the kids.  It does suck too that the two tracks will be different sanctioning bodies because I know AJ missed some of the kids he didn't see on a weekly basis because they didn't come over to race USAC last year.  He only saw them when we went to race at New Smyrna.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
nashjr13
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 09:57:08 PM »

Dual charter sounds like a good idea. Although when Tampa was converting to USAC, the Garcia's wanted to Charter both, but QMA balked at the idea. Once Tampa signed with USAC then QMA came back and wanted Tampa to charter both, but it was to late due to insurance costs. Charter both and they will come!!!

Larry Nash
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 10:20:26 PM »

Well Scott, I just heard great news that we both were hoping for. You may know or not but your August 6th-8th east coast is going to be the USAC next generation race. That at least gives us four here in the South. Run the Grand Nationals at Indy and you have your 5. All I need to do now is get my driver off my back and give him something to drive. I do not know if it is $250.00 to join our club or not but if you are USAC then you can race her anytime.

Thanks,
Mike
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 11:54:08 AM »

That's great news. But how would that work? It was originally scheduled for the East Coast Challenge. Will we get another date for that series? or are we counting this race for both series?

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 07:14:07 PM »

Mike what is next generation race ?

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »

Last year the nationals at Indy was not a points paying race.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2010, 04:11:06 AM »

This year it counts towards the ten race championship.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 03:14:31 PM »

so it counts as the ten race and the east coast challenge?

Lawson Ingold Racing
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »

Indy doesn't count as the East Coast Challenge series, but does count as one of the 5 required for the Naitonal Points as far as I know.

As far as if they have a National in Tampa in early August, not sure how that would work...we would have to wait until they make announcements on that.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
animalman
Rookie

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »

Just for FYI , the Huntsville club adopted a spec tire last night. It will be Hoosier A35 or A40 right sides. I'm sure Nashville will pass the same thing. If that is the case the region series will be a spec tire also. Grin
 Roll Eyes Tongue
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »

It will be interesting to see how the gray area phrase in the QMA rule "readily available" works out.

Hard to have a spec tire when that single phrase opens up a big can of worms. LMAO!   
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »

I think it will work. Each track just needs to make sure they have a good reliable vendor with a good stock. I am the vendor for Georgia for Hoosier and I keep a real good supply. I still have some Vega's left if anyone needs some for their local events that still run them. See ya in NC.

Thanks,
Mike
JP3Racing
Rookie

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 10:36:29 PM »

I am a Hoosier vendor in TN and am keeping good supply on hand.  I have not heard of the results of our vote yet, but quite a few people at our track are trying the Hoosiers.  If anyone comes to Music City to race and needs to buy tires, I will have them available. 

Thanks.
John Pitman
jpitman3@skywardgroup.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: