USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:49:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: anything new with tenn and cummings  (Read 41687 times)
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »

HuhHuh
animalman
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »

Nashville voted to stay with QMA this year
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 09:38:50 PM »

Cumming is SUPPOSED to be voting on 2/27. I would bet it will go like before and won't be allowed by the board.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »

Like I said, a dictatorship club. I know the majority wants to go but they seem to move the vote every time the members want too.
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »

Totally agree....that's why we're not racing for points there this year. We'll be there when we have nothing else to do :-)
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »

you know , they are shooting theirselves. Many that have joined USAC at Metro Atlanta will not pay another QMA fee to go to Cumming. What is going to happen well lets face it, it will. They will not make the move , and they will loose car count, because many will not pay double club fees, i will not. I know a person on the board that wants Cumming to go USAC, but one person over there is holding everyone up on he move, I am not going to mention his name, but I am sure everry one know, what a shame, times are changing a CUMMING , WAKE UP..

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 10:28:30 PM »

From the North Georgia By-Laws:

PROTEST - Any Member in good standing may file a formal protest by submitting same in writing to the Secretary of the Corporation. The protest will be read and acted upon, if needed, at the next monthly meeting of the Board of Directors. By notifying the Secretary in advance, a Member may appear in person to discus his written complaint at the meeting of the Board of Directors. A reply will be mailed back to the Member within seven days (7) after the meeting.

If the membership really wants it, but one person on the board is holding it up...protest it.  If they overturn the protest, get every member that supports it to protest it.  If that still doesn't work, vote out all the board members that aren't listening to their members at the next election.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 11:35:36 PM »

Tell it like it is. Hey, I see you are running the Jr. Animal. How many HP should I have off the dyno? I have 3.90 compared to 3.50 on the Jr. Honda.

Thanks,
Mike
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 12:21:04 AM »

Scott -- it's way more political than that!!! Cumming is a different "animal" from anywhere else!!!
mackie-bros-racing
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 01:03:14 AM »

I am the guy leading the USAC analysis committee at Cumming, so I provide first person testimony, with no opinion or heresay...

One thing that must be said about the North GA Cumming track is that the membership is very passionate about doing the best thing for the club's continued existence given the situation of having 2 R3 clubs go with USAC.  Cumming is one of the nicest QM tracks being on fairgrounds property with electricity, grandstands, lots of bathrooms, pavement, right in the city, and a whole bunch of racing families that will go out of their way to make sure visitors are welcomed.

If you want a great racing experience for your team, then come on down... click here for the schedule http://www.ngqma.com/schedule.htm

This situation is not very different from when the Metro club got their track only 45 minutes away from Cumming, car counts immediately went down as some racers chose to join Metro.  To race both tracks consistently would mean 35 consecutive weeks of racing, which is a lot for most teams, so most teams choose to stay at one track and race the other 2-3 times per season.

The loss of car counts due to the region split puts the track in jeopardy, as the fairgrounds management cannot continue to lose revenue due to reduced car counts.

So the $64 question is 'what should Cumming do to keep the car counts up?'  USAC or QMA?  The fact of the matter is that there is no obvious answer to that.  There has been tremendous vibrant debate at the club meetings, all driven by our passion to do what's best for the club's car counts on regional/district races. We just don't all agree on what is 'best'.

The driving factor in the 2010 decision is the schedule, as the fairgrounds tells us what dates we are given to race on, since they rent the fairgrounds out for other events during the year.

Unfortunately for 2010 our dates are immovable, and 7 of those dates conflict with USAC National and/or District events.  Were NGQMA to go with USAC charter, on those 7 dates we would have even fewer cars, since some of our members would be racing the national/district events.  Cumming has also picked up a 3rd Region 3 race, and a states race, which will help 2010 car counts.

We continue to explore solutions to insure car counts don't go down, such as

a. dual chartering
b. economic recovery and cost reduction
c. hoping harder

So for 2010 Cumming will stay with QMA, with continued energy invested to find the best solution for the club's future health going into 2011 and beyond.

We have a great class of Jr Novices coming in with heavily leaded right feet, so it is up to us grown-ups to make the best choices... for their sake.

All fact-based suggestions are welcome.

Mark Mackie
Training Director, Webmaster
Owner, Mackie Bros Racing
markmackie@rocketmail.com

Mark Mackie
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 09:25:54 AM »

Well my vote is in, sending in my memebership to North Metro Atlanta for 2010 !  mackie, reason you cannot get dates is that Cumming track dragged their feet on USAC.  I am looking forward to cutting my tire bill to 75 % !!!  The reason that Cumming picked up another region race is that QMA is scrambling, because North Carolina and metro Atlanta dropped QMA.
Applause to Tullis and i know mike Smith had a say so in USAC at Metro!  Good Luck Cumming, maybe we will see you next year with USAC   

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
ban one
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 12:57:39 PM »

We looked at all USAC tracks car counts last year that had the National races and they had less cars  than we had at the two Region races we had last year.What has hurt us and Merto is  the Mini Cup. None of us at North Georgia have ran a USAC race, but we plan to run one at Merto. We are control by the City Fairgrounds on what we do.Merto and Huntsville lost their track a few years ago at their Fairgrounds. Alot of  people made a  sacrifice to get these  tracks  starded back.We are still looking at next year and hats off for USAC visting North Georgia. 
tarpondawg
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »

Thats to bad......wish they would have gone USAC. By far my Sons favorite track! Although, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If you go USAC you have the car count from NC and Metro @ NG. You would have most likley picked up a district and national race plus a couple of southeast swing races. Instead you have a states race and picked up some region 3 races but really the car count may be the same either way as you only have Huntsville and TN. Hopefully USAC next yr.
animalman
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »

The reason N. Ga got 3 region races has nothing to do with QMA national . It was a region decision. All region 3 tracks have 3 races this year.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »

I am disappointed because we were looking forward to racing at North Georgia this year, but it doesn't look like we are going to renew our membership with QMA for 2010.  I guess we will still make a few trips to Atlanta, but will run at Metro Atlanta instead.  AJ really loved that track and the people there were some of the most welcoming group of people we have met.

As far as the members are concerned...I guess it is a good thing that Metro is only 45 minutes from Cummings...if you wanted to go USAC racing you still can with a relatively short car ride. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: