USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:49:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help with mychron 3  (Read 7330 times)
wesracing
Veteran

« on: December 30, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »

I was just looking for some help with a mychron 3. I bought it on a car and used it this weekend and everything appears to work except the rpms are way off. It's almost like it doubled the rpms. I do not have any literature on it because the previous owner did not have it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »

try and get ahold of Dale Hall, he is the expert on mychrons
Tornado racing
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »

here is thier web site with all the manuals   http://www.aimsports.com/support/manuals.html
USACRULES
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 05:40:03 PM »

John, I have a mychron 3 read below and check spark for revs

This option represents the number of spark signals for every engine revolution. A two-stroke engine has one spark signal per revolution, while a four-stroke engine has a spark every two engine revolutions.
To set the Spark for Revs, after having entered the CONFIGURATION MODE, push MENU/<< till when you don’t see
SPARK FOR REVS
Then push MEM to enter EDIT MODE and use buttons MENU/<< or >> to scroll between three standard values: x1, x2 and /2. For a two-stroke, one cylinder engine, the RPM ratio is x1.
Press button MEM to save the changes or button VIEW to discard the changes.

Hope this helps    Rick
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 06:07:09 PM »

Rick,
  Thank you very much.  I will give that a try.  I wasn't sure what to do, I was ready to trash this one and buy a new one, so thanks again.
   John
Griffin Brown Racing
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »

Here is a previous post from Dale Hall,give him a call,he'll fix you up!!!!!!
               Scott

« on: December 14, 2009, 05:16:52 pm » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few Reconditioned MyChron 3's in stock. I normally sell them for $200 but I am trying to thin out inventory before end of year.

$175.00 each
Includes: Tach, IR pickup, and mounting nut.

As some of you know I take 3's in on trade toward the purchase of a new MyChron 4. I do any repairs that are needed, and clean inside and out. I upgrade the software in them when possible. I do a complete operational test of the unit and guarantee they will work when you receive them.

Orders can be shipped UPS ground to continental US free. All other shipping options are available for a fair price. If you want to reserve one and Pick it up at the next Columbus Indoor race, I will honor the 175 price.

I also have new MyChron 4's with Tach, IR pickup, CHT temp prob, and RPM wire for $325.00

Any question call me at               614-402-6227         614-402-6227

Dale Hall
Columbus, Ohio

Scott Brown

--------------------sponsors----------------------------------
Baker Racing Engines
Orr Motorsports (for all your motorsports needs)
Klotz Lubricants
Covington Coney's
Moore @ Associates
Brute Power Pipes ---www.brutepipes.com
One Stop Auto
Whitley Welding & Fabricating
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: