USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:11:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New or potential club/member help thread  (Read 4238 times)
clouse55
Feature Winner

« on: December 10, 2009, 09:34:36 AM »

After recieving several phone calls and reading some of the comments on this board I thought it would be a good idea to start kind of a help line for some of the new clubs and members, also to give those thinking about changing to USAC an anonymous place to discuss questions with current club officials and your average joe racers.

I'll start with an issue that has been brought up several times in the last couple weeks and also recently in another thread on this forum. "I hope when USAC comes in they dont change things and ruin some of the things that work for us". This is one of the biggest advantages that really turned me on to USAC. Different things work for different areas of the nation and USAC realizes this. Here in the midwest, 2009 started out with all the clubs running their weekly races a little different, some had judges, some didnt, some had 2 strikes (dot's) some had 3, etc. etc. You ask why? Its what the CLUB MEMBERSHIP wanted! If a club came across something that worked really well for them they shared it with the other clubs and they would try it. If all the clubs liked it, USAC was contacted, discussed, and put into use in the national format. Sometimes this could be accomplished in less than 2 weeks! Remember its the club members that mow the grass, paint the lines, dig the 4 pounds of TP out of the toilets, etc. You know what makes your club tick and USAC knows that leads to a healthy club.         
lizc456
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

I agree with Jeff.  One of the positives about USAC is that they DON'T get involved at the club level.  They don't ask to see our by-laws, they don't ask for our weekly schedule, they don't care to see our race format.  They are a sanctioning body......period.  At Buckeye, we ran our weekly series last summer independent, meaning that just like indoor you don't have to be a member of anything in order to participate.  Our USAC sanctioned events were the Mid-Ohio Series races, and the large "regional" events.  It cost us a little more for insurance, but it was OUR decision and USAC never got involved in it.  On the flip side, they (particularly James) were always willing to listen to our input, answer questions, and offer help when needed.  When it comes to what happens at the club level, it's YOUR club and YOUR members have the autonomy to do what is best for it. 

Liz Compton
President, BQMRA

Liz Compton
BQMRA
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: