USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:24:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Columbus Indoor Winternationals Race 1  (Read 9788 times)
lizc456
Rookie

« on: November 22, 2009, 11:44:38 AM »

Thanks to everyone who came and supported our November race! We had 152 cars, which is up from the November race last year.  I love getting feedback on what we can do to make it better, so thanks also to those of you who spoke to me after the event.  We tried something new with the awards this weekend, and I'd like to know what the kids thought about it.  What I've heard so far is that the younger kids would prefer trophies, but the older kids (and their parents) LOVED the medals. 

We're looking forward to another great event in December.......see you there!

Liz Compton
President, BQMRA

Liz Compton
BQMRA
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 10:35:15 AM »

What a great event that the great members of BQMRA put on for all of us.  Shocked

I was also nice to see all the people that came from out of state to the first event of the year. That is a good sign as the car counts should only get better as the indoor season goes on. The Columbus indoor event proves again that the best in America come to compete every year at these races.

The track was very good and racy for the first race. Actually had some cars bike at the first race - go Larry!  Roll Eyes

I think it also needs to be pointed out that the extra five dollars we paid at entry for each car went to secure a full time flagman and chief steward for the day. It again was nice not having to find workers for these positions as well as not hearing workers being called for all day long over the PA. It also keeps the day’s events much more consistent.

Ross was happy with the awards he received at the indoor events this past weekend. I did hear some comments that the Juniors would have liked to have received a trophy.

It was too bad that the raceceiver did not show up as expected because as I am sure that as most of us know that would have sped up the day’s events big time.

The starts and re-starts.  Some were perfect and were started going into turn three like was stated in the drivers/handler meeting and some went back to picking up the pace coming out of turn two. This needs to be addressed and enforced at the next event.

I heard that there is talk of some of the future races being webcast. Is there any truth to that?

Also heard a lot of good comments from the families that ran the new Briggs Animal class for the first time at the Indoor event.

See everyone in December.

Eric Rankine
President NWOQMRA - USAC - Toledo, Ohio

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:38:38 AM by sprintcar39 » Logged

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »

Thank you everyone involved with this race. We love racing indoors. Although Ryan didn't get any awards, He wanted one of those medals. We had a blast and can't wait to get to race again.
Thanks
Again
The Barr Family
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:55:53 PM »

Enjoyed the day's events, and plan on being there for all of them.

One thing...starts/restarts.  If the leader is black flagged for jumping the start...I think it needs to be considered to black flag the 5th place car that is 10 car lengths back coming out of 2 and doesn't keep the pace.  There was one race in particular, where there were numerous attempts at restarts delayed by a car in about 6th place doing this.  If they don't want to keep up after 1 or 2 tries move them to the rear.

Also...please keep the weather in the mid 50's.  It was nice not to load up in freezing weather.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:08:10 PM »

Has anyone heard what tracks are being considered as part of the national race series? I had heard that the series could be around 12 races and you must compete in at least eight to qualify for the National Champion. This series would be great instead of a one race weekend where a champion is crowned but a very good car could be taken out and never have another chance to prove themselves. I am all for this and hope it does happen. This really gives all of us the true meaning and feeling of traveling and racing like the big boys do it.
GB3
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 07:47:27 AM »

Enjoyed the day's events, and plan on being there for all of them.

One thing...starts/restarts.  If the leader is black flagged for jumping the start...I think it needs to be considered to black flag the 5th place car that is 10 car lengths back coming out of 2 and doesn't keep the pace.  There was one race in particular, where there were numerous attempts at restarts delayed by a car in about 6th place doing this.  If they don't want to keep up after 1 or 2 tries move them to the rear.

Also...please keep the weather in the mid 50's.  It was nice not to load up in freezing weather.

We must remember some of the junior drivers are are only 5 yrs old and still learning, not quite ready for Nascar . Let them learn
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 08:54:14 PM »

Yes let them learn.... AND follow the rules!

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
ssssmoke
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »

national race series??
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: