March 18, 2024, 11:06:07 PM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: 2009, what a season  (Read 7799 times)
RacerCody71
Veteran

« on: November 22, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »

Well the 2009 California dirt season is over! I think it is safe to say it was a very competitive year with seven different winners. Cody and I want to thank the USAC officials Pat, Mike, Dave and Gary for all of their hard work they put in. Its a tough job and you don't get enough praise for it, but I know you get your share of complaints. Thanks also to driver mentors Wally Pankratz, Jet Davidson and Walt Johnson (Glad to see you at the track this weekend!). Your guys experince and willingness to help the younger drivers is very much appreciated! I know that Cody learned alot from each of you. I still say that Jet is the toughest guy to pass in the Focus series. Congras to Brody Roa on the Championship. Man I wish we could have a do over on those 1st two races of the year! Thanks to the Andrew Murrey team for loaning us a brand new motor after we blew ours up at the 1st race and congrats to Andrew Mulhern on that big win for the national title. We have enjoyed getting to know everbody in the group. Hope whatever your plans are for 2010 and beyond are successful and fun! Take care and God Bless...See ya at the track.
The Swanson motorsports gang.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 08:33:48 PM by RacerCody71 » Logged
m.mcc
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:41:30 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, Kirk. It really means a lot to us.

I had so much fun working with all the Focus people this year it should probably be deemed illegal. All of you, both on the dirt side and the pavement side, were wonderful to be around. You are thoughtful, respectful, cooperative, friendly and funny. It's an honor and a true pleasure being a part of this and I can honestly say that I looked forward to every single race this year.

And I'm really looking forward to 2010. We've got some new things in the works so look for some announcements after we get back from the Promoter's Workshop this coming weekend.

Mike McCluney
USAC Western Developmental Series Coordinator
dave lewis
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »

I second what Mike says !

See you at the track..

Dave Lewis
REGISTRAR
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 12:07:06 PM »

Wishing all the Western States Ford  Focus  and Midget owners, drivers, crews  and their  familitis,   A  very Merry Christmas  and a Happy  and Healthy New Year.
Have  enjoyed  working  with  all of  you  this past year.
Hope to see you in 2010.
                                  Pat Johnson
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: