USAC Racing Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:15:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: indoor dirt track  (Read 13254 times)
gadams
Veteran

« on: October 23, 2009, 10:46:05 PM »

I got an email from the gentleman that puts on the quarter midget part of the rumble series. There is a small banked indoor dirt oval in Anna Ohio that puts on indoor kart racing and wants to run quarter midgets there this winter. I have Mr. Leisiecki email for those that want it about racing there. This sounds like it could be a fun deal as long as there are enough quarter midgets there.
Magic Man
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »

We would hit some of them.
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »

Where is Anna?  Would be very interested as long as they are not the same dates as Columbus indoors.
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 05:35:12 PM »

Anna is north of Sidney about 50 miles north of Dayton. Last I heard it was a $25 entry fee plus $12 pit pass per person. Kind of expensive just to get in
ssssmoke
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »

any payout?
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 12:15:57 AM »

Anna is north of Sidney about 50 miles north of Dayton. Last I heard it was a $25 entry fee plus $12 pit pass per person. Kind of expensive just to get in

We pay close to $200 in membership fees and $25 per event to race for a trophy at local stuff in the summer. So I'd say this is right on par. Heck, we pay $15 or $20 for fun races that don't even award a trophy or keep record of results. Don't mind that one bit, nor would I mind racing this series if the dates are open for us.
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »

I deleted the email already for the Anna deal, but I swear it was a fee for the pit passes only and no entry fee. I recall it sounded a but odd when reading but honestly wasn't paying real close attention so I could be wrong.

Does sound fun though!
T.

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 10:54:19 PM »

The email says no entry fee, $12 pit passes.  What I didn't like was it sounded like they were combining Jr and Sr. Hondas and the weight limit is 290 lbs.  I'm not adding 40 lbs and running my 7 year old with Sr. Hondas.  If that changes, I'd be really interested.
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »

just want to comment on an earlier comment. we do not charge anywhere close to $200 for membership at kokomo. i believe it was $55 this year. after you include usac membership, which all of us pay, it is still well under $200. just thought i would clarify this. i do not want anyone thinking kokomo charges a ridiculous membership fee. i have not checked other tracks but i feel this is very reasonable.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 02:55:04 PM »

just want to comment on an earlier comment. we do not charge anywhere close to $200 for membership at kokomo. i believe it was $55 this year. after you include usac membership, which all of us pay, it is still well under $200. just thought i would clarify this. i do not want anyone thinking kokomo charges a ridiculous membership fee. i have not checked other tracks but i feel this is very reasonable.

Do believe it was $90. On top of our USAC membership. Which we do pay the extra handler fee because we don't have kids of our own to race for us. So yes. Membership comes out to about $190 - $200 depending on how many of the crew we want to be able to get into the hot chute. Not to mention we have two different families who run our cars. So we front two sets on memberships. So I don't know where your $55 number came from. But it's way off. Let's not lie to the people. As newly appointed co president, you should know this information.

And just to add, no one ever said this wasn't reasonable. My point was. If you factor in that we have 12 club races, at $25 a piece, plus $200 in memberships you're paying roughly $41.66 a race to race. So the $37 that someone believed they said it would be isn't anything more than we pay now.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:03:52 PM by RBurns17 » Logged
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »

Okay, I appologize, I did look it up and we did pay $90 last year.  I should have looked it up before I posted.  I wasn't trying to lie to anyone.  I just saw $200 as a ridiculous amount, yes $90 plus $75 USAC membership would be $165 which is not $200. Not everyone is in your situation and I do not want that extra that you pay to discourage any new members by thinking it cost more than it actually does to get started with one driver. I got my $55 from the membership fees for another club, sorry, I looked up the wrong info.  Anyhow, I agree our fees are very reasonable and the dirt sounds like a lot of fun.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 07:42:10 PM »

I was talking about our situation. As I stated. WE pay around $200 in memberships. It's not a discouraging fact, it's just the truth. And growth of our sport is going to eventually have to go beyond parents and hopefully blossom into more operations like ours where owners will provide cars and support to kids who otherwise, wouldn't get to drive.

Not every situation is like ours, but at the same time, not every situation is like yours, there's a reason why they offer the ability to add extra handlers, because a lot of people take advantage of it. My post wasn't meant to break down a pay scale for membership, as the figure differs from track to track and situation to situation. Just comparing the cost of what we do normally to what they offering. I'm sure anyone considering .25's to the point of reading the board has most likely researched the cost of memberships at their respective track. It's all really a moot point now that someone has confirmed it's only $12.

Anyways, back to the topic. Look forward to the extra racing opportunities.
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »

We also will be at the dirt and look forward to Columbus, hope to see you there Smiley
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 10:08:57 PM »

the junior cars will be running at 250#, they may combine them with senior honda, senior honda will weigh 290#. They may also run a heavy honda class, no more than 10 cars per feature, 2 heat races and a feature is the plan as of now. The first race is this sunday nov. 1. You can contact David Leisickie at ftwayneqmidgets@aim.com
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: