USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:03:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new honda  (Read 22871 times)
ssssmoke
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:34:52 PM »

is the 120 also made in thia. ? is it going to be legal?
crew chief
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:45:04 PM »

I dont know about USAC but they are legal in QMA
ssssmoke
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »

120 also or just 160?
ssssmoke
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »

what other countries are the gx 160 made in?
crew chief
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 08:10:23 AM »

What i have heard only the 120 is made 
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »

On the QMA site, they still have a bulletin that both the 120 and 160 from Taiwan are legal.  It will be interesting to see if they change that at some point.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »

How would anyone make any money off of making them illegal?
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 09:59:08 AM »

Hi guy’s, Myron you ask a great question, “How is someone going to make money off of this”….one word answer, “Briggs”. It has been rumor for over a year that Honda motors would be gone; this is a great way to insert the “Animal”. This new rule on Honda’s, I am sure will also mean that you will not be able to put any new parts on your Honda motors since they are all made now in Taiwan. The Honda motors that we have been using have a much better quality then competitor’s, this rumor that seems to be coming true is one of the reasons that I did not want to switch over to USAC.  This is not to say that USAC is not a great organization, but when you give up your rights to vote and the organization have affiliations such as USAC and Brigg’s then this stuff is going to take place. It is also my opinion only that before long you will see seats in every car and then an official chassy builder; I hope I am wrong by feel strongly that I am correct. I wish all of you good luck with this new rule and yes, QMA did deemed the new Honda’s, both 120 and 160 legal. 
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 10:22:26 AM »

Barry, I'm going to print this out and put in on the pile in my shop that has Teir II 120 and 160 pistons, Teir II 160 heads, Nylon brake lines, "keyways", 120 flywheels, 2 year old seat belts, small valve Bs, Briggs flywheels, Briggs coils,............
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:36:24 PM by Swartz » Logged
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 10:35:31 AM »

Barry,   Did you get to vote to allow the new Honda 160 for use in QMA? Really?

How about the Honda 120?

And since QMA made it legal...have you been able to tech the new Honda 160 engine with an official QMA tech manual? Really? Did QMA send you a tech manual for the Honda 120?

The Honda 160 is not allowed in competition with USAC until more information can be gathered and tech procedures can be in place so that everyone is treated fairly.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 10:43:21 AM »

Eric, As best I know there are at least 3 chassis builders on the USAC competition committee. Are they aware that they will have to fight a cage match to determine who will be the spec chassis builder?
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »

Eric
 Didn't the club presidents vote on this?? It wasn't just told by USAC that we had to do it correct? I think it was a unanimous vote form what I was told.
  Barry,  If you don't run USAC why do you even post on here? I don't know you, nor do I wish to. It seems you try to stur up a lot of controversy, by posting on here. I know you have a voice and that you have a right to post on here. For the life of me I just don't get it! If you are so against USAC why do you care what goes on in this organazation?
Chad Barr
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »

Barr,   Yes you are correct. The decision on the new Honda 160 came from the club presidents and others on the USAC .25 Competition Committee meeting. It was a unanimous decision. This engine may end up being legal for USAC competition. But the Committee agreed that until more information can be gathered and tech procedures put in place it was best for the entire membership right now.

Swartz,  There is no talk of a spec chassis.....or mandating seats for all classes in USAC .25 either. Just more rumors and falsifications to confuse the other group.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 12:03:06 PM »

The sad thing is that he must beleive it's true. Otherwise it would be considered disseminating false and missleading information and everyone knows that's a COC resulting in suspension or bannishment for acts detrimental to quarter midget racing.
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 12:14:12 PM »

Well Berry, maybe you can answer how a QMA club tech is supposed to tech that new motor?

The reason for QMA national to require all 120's to replace the flywheel so all old and new are the same. Am I not correct?

With the new 160's the carb is smaller, the head, piston, rings, and crank from what I hear are all different along with other items.

The precedence was set with the 120, how much money will it take now to make all 160's the same?

Can you put a known QMA legal older 160 carb on the new motor Berry? Can you swap other parts? Will they fit? Where are the rules?  

You want to complain about USAC and a new engine platform when one just got snuck in right under your nose with QMA.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: