USAC Racing Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:44:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Big Thanks to MOC  (Read 10389 times)
GTO
Rookie

« on: October 07, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »

We want to thank MOC members and everyone that helped out this past weekend.  I personally would like to thank Jeff Wren, Chad Barr, Al Dean, Randy Siegel (nice to have you there Dr.!!!)and everyone else(I cannot remember everyone) who was out on the track to check on and assist Garrett after he wrecked.  It just shows that we are all one big family and we are there for the kids.  I would also like to thank Rhonda Barr and Jill Siegel for keeping mommy (Trish) calm!!!!  Thanks to everyone who offered and helped get the car back together so Garrett could race in the feature (with a broken hand).  Thanks to Chuck Longbrake for helping put the car back together and the psycology treatment for Garrett......LOL!  Thanks to Tom McCauley for the use of your shock.  I cannot forget the ladies in the tower for putting up with Haylee all day too!  Thanks for keeping her out of our hair for the day!!!!!!   

Just an update.....Garrett did fracture his hand in the incident and we will be going to the orthopedic dr tomorrow to see about a cast......father like son!!!

I would like to give a special thanks to Al Dean for trusting me to drive Chase's car in the senior half race....what a thrill and reality check!  It does put into perspective what our kids are really doing out there.  I would like to know though if anyone video taped the race to make sure that Chad actually ran the same number of laps that the rest of us did though.......hey Chad, you got the trophy on your night stand or is Rhonda sleeping on the couch so you can keep it close!!!!!!!!

Hank, Trish and Garrett Ottman

Hank Ottman
BQMRA
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »

Hank no thanks needed. Thats what is great about this sport. Its one big giant family. I enjoy helping out. The trophy is under surveillance so my son doesn't steal it. Not sure how many laps I ran but boy was I pooped. Way told a fat to run that many laps. Give Garrett our best wishes so he can hurry back for indoors
Chad
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:01:05 PM »

Wow, what a fine example of a dad that is teaching his kid how to break a hand at MOC, and then actually allowing him to go out and do it himself. And seriously, Chuck providing a positive psychological situation for G-dog... what is the world coming to?Huh

Next thing you know we'll have ssssmoke out there teaching the kids how to ride 4 wheelers and make firecrackers out of 900 sparklers.... oh wait .....um, nevermind!

Hope the G-man is doing fine, get well soon buddy! We hope to see you on the track again soon. You did a great job out there on Saturday- running strong. Cheers!

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
ssssmoke
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:45:07 PM »

when you spend so much time with these kids, nearly every weekend in the summer, its like they are your own sometimes. when they are in an accident you get that same feeling as you would if its your own kid. like right now im trying to figure out the best steering wheel to use with a cast on. just kidding, get well cat daddy butthead.
GTO
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 06:20:14 PM »

I am thinking that I should take his steering wheel with me tomorrow, so they can mold the cast the best way to fit around it comfortably.......we will not be at Xenia but will be at Columbus, cast or not!

Hank Ottman
BQMRA
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:06:11 PM »

tony don't trust me? smoke i don't we get any credit.Tell my bff will get us  a hot dog on sat.
 p.s. tell Colleen not to buy that pop corn again will microwave next time Smiley
ssssmoke
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:21 AM »

i got thunder a cool sticker for his car. also was thinking we could try a backflip over the bikepath on the fourwheeler. parents must sign a waiver.
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »

Man if you can get him to make some passes on Sunday, then go for it w/ whatever you want to do... as long as it's not a Chevy sticker that is!!

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
badnews69
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »

i got thunder a cool sticker for his car. also was thinking we could try a backflip over the bikepath on the fourwheeler. parents must sign a waiver.

since were neighbors i've got a pink Polaris quad you can use ,just swing by and pick it up  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: