March 29, 2024, 08:58:51 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Good thoughts and Prayers for Walt Johnson  (Read 16613 times)
RacerCody71
Veteran

« on: September 13, 2009, 08:59:02 PM »

Please send some prayers and good thoughts for Walt Johnson. Walt flipped during the Focus feature at Hanford Kings speedway. He is currently in a hospital in Hanford with some back injuries. Not sure how bad at this point but we know it is fairly serious. He should be headed home Tuesday and see his own doctor for further evaluations. I'll post more as information comes.

Kirk
midmad68
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:14:33 PM »

here's the official update:

after the flip, the took my dad to the hospital in hanford. following the ct scan, they found a busted t3 and compressed t4 vertabrae. a doctor in fresno examined the xray and had him transfered there. my grandma and followed them to fresno. my mom drove up this morning to be with him so that i could get home for school. he will be fitted for a back brace that should arrive tuesday or wednesday. they say he would be able to come home after that. I'll keep everyone posted. thanks for the well wishes.

Mitch

slide or be slid...
midmad68
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:20:47 AM »

latest update...

he is still in the hospital in fresno. he has been fitted for a brace that will support his back. the last phone call i got was that the pain is getting less and less which is obviously good news. he was able to sit upright with the brace on which was a big step. the results from the latest xray have not come in just yet, so pending those results if everything looks ok it looks like he should be able to come home thursday. we continue to let him know that you are all thinking about him.

take care,
mitch

slide or be slid...
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »

Thanks for the update Mitch, Hope he is in good spirits!
midmad68
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:54 PM »

good news, he's supposed to be coming home today around 5pm. he has been up walking around with the brace on and the doctors feel they can send him home. they're have to get one final ok first and they should be on there way.

mitch

slide or be slid...
midmad68
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »

he's home now

slide or be slid...
Brett Roa
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 01:47:58 PM »

Great news! Get well soon Walt!

Keep us updated Mitch.
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »

Great to hear! get better!
DrBrad
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »

Walt im sorry to here about your injuries i hope you feel better soon. I wish you a speedy recovery.

sean dodenhoff

The desire to Win, Must include the willingness to Change!
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »

I heard from Mitch today, Walt is much more comfortable at home. he has an appointment to see his Doc and be further evaluated.
Brett Roa
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 12:48:02 AM »

How is Walt doing?
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »

I talked with Mitch yesturday, He won't need surgey at this time and the pain is a little better each day. he is able to take the brace off occasionally. They plan on coming out to the Ventura race on the 17th
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: