USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 01:52:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: EX QMA MEMBER NEEDS HELP  (Read 37321 times)
michiganracer
Rookie

« on: September 17, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »

We are thinking about using the free pass USAC offered this weekend in Columbus. After a disappointing weekend at a "NEW" track in the Toledo area, We think we are more than ready to try the USAC experience before our Club has a vote on this issue. We are going to need some advice on gearing up a Junior Honda and a Light 160. The Hoosier tires may throw us for a loop but we just don't want to be out of the ballpark on the gearing as well. We WILL NOT be going back to Napoleon, Ohio on September 26th and 27th. WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!! 1 regional race in May, 1 in August and 1 in September so far; as a family we feel like we missed a whole summer of competitive racing. We also do not see 70 cars as being very competitive. We have heard that there is a signifigant increase in the number of cars at the USAC events compared to the region 4 events and THIS EXCITES US  Shocked  If anyone could offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. In closing, have a great day and hope to see you this weekend.
Swartz
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »

Sorry I can't help you. It's been several sanwiches since we were "light" anything. dmmc posted that 4.58   5500-5600  should be close for light 160. The Hoosiers have been good other than having to be carefull mounting them to keep the sizes consistent. If you want to have some more fun go to the Bellview race. Full program Sat. night and then again Sun. morning.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »

Sorry to hear of your disappointing weekend.

However, you and your family will LOVE USAC!!!  Very professional organization and NO CHILD OR FAMILY IS EVER EXCLUDED OR LEFT BEHIND!!!

You will also LOVE Buckeye!!!  This was our first track and our home track for 5 years and the track we retired from in August.  A great bunch of families and drivers and there will be a lot of helpful people around should you need help.

Not sure about your motor and the rpm’s it likes but we ran the following.

Hoosier A35's, mount RR on 8" wheel

Gears below are based on a 34 3/4" RR diameter.

Smoker with 3 1/8 stagger

Jr. Honda
Engine Gear   37
Axle Gear    29
Ratio      4.70
Rpms      5260/4990
Racing laps   6.26

LT-GX160
Engine Gear   36
Axle Gear    27
Ratio      4.50
Rpms      5350/5095
Racing laps   5.88
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 12:17:51 AM by goffin20 » Logged

RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 07:53:23 PM »

We are thinking about using the free pass USAC offered this weekend in Columbus. After a disappointing weekend at a "NEW" track in the Toledo area, We think we are more than ready to try the USAC experience before our Club has a vote on this issue. We are going to need some advice on gearing up a Junior Honda and a Light 160. The Hoosier tires may throw us for a loop but we just don't want to be out of the ballpark on the gearing as well. We WILL NOT be going back to Napoleon, Ohio on September 26th and 27th. WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!! 1 regional race in May, 1 in August and 1 in September so far; as a family we feel like we missed a whole summer of competitive racing. We also do not see 70 cars as being very competitive. We have heard that there is a signifigant increase in the number of cars at the USAC events compared to the region 4 events and THIS EXCITES US  Shocked  If anyone could offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. In closing, have a great day and hope to see you this weekend.

The Kokomo show drew more than 70 cars on just day 1 of the weekend.....
slowpoke
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 11:03:40 PM »

Take advantage of your free pass with USAC , I know you will really enjoy the competition this weekend ,heck we have had some tough competition all year long even at most of the weekly shows. I don't remember ever getting anything free from anyone else,forgive me I'm sorry we did get a coloring book in the mail.
I am sure if you could get more of your club members to come down and experience what a great time we have had all summer with USAC they will be more than wanting to join the ranks and have a great time with us next year. 
michiganracer
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 11:09:24 AM »

Thanks for all the help, I'm working on the cars right now and dismounting the vegas off of 8'' wheels. Just when over the rule changes, looks to be pretty much the same.
Swartz
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 11:34:58 AM »

Make sure you:
1. Put on USAC stickers.
2. Get the cars safety stickers.
3. Your driver has pants for his fire suit.
All are DQs. Anyone else got something I've forgoten?
Kim
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 01:20:01 PM »

I also believe you need to bring a birth certificate for your driver - even if you are using your free pass.  I know of some people coming up from North Carolina that will be using their free pass, too!  Can't wait to see everyone.

Kim
rookiecheif06
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 01:48:17 PM »

I have been looking into .25 for my son the last couple of months and USAC is definitly the way to go, still very regional, Ohio and Indiana mostly. If you are NW ohio based, check out NWOQMRA
club, I have been going to the track and they do a nice job with the racing events and I plan to join for 2010 season. I will be attending the gen next race this weekend in Columbus, Ohio if you can break away try checking out Saturday's events At CMS.
d4hall
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 12:46:19 AM »

Don't forget submarine belt. aka 5 point harness

Dale Hall
Columbus, Ohio
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 12:49:41 AM »

A raceiver which can be rented at the track on race day, keep an extra AAA or two in your pocket.

MMRAracer
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 10:12:33 AM »

Michiganracer --->  I cant agree with you more. I heard that they had just under a hundred cars on saturday for Honda day at the USAC Columbus .25 event. And they were done by 4:00 which gave them time to watch the USAC midget races on the big track. That is about the amount of cars that we have seen at the qma events for BOTH days except for the states race which had 150. They had over 170 cars for the two days. Why do we keep getting lied to over and over and then bullied around by a few members that are not looking at what is really best for our clubs and racers? The way certain qma members acted at our last club meeting was a disgrace to our club. We had no support from the Mini Indy club at any of our events. It is time to move on to better racing and a better racing environment that the USAC .25 offers to ALL of us. I only wish I had joined USAC and gone down and raced with that group this past weekend.
wolverineracer
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »

I am also sick of the lies and continued anti USAC BS we are being fed up here. I have called USAC officials and asked questions about some of the statements that were made and all are false.
 QMA has also just announced restricting their new Lt World Formula class, which USAC has been running for a year now with no modifications and no issues. I have already purchased a QMA scatter shield and am not putting one more dime in their pockets.
  I had to make a choice either to run the new Napoleon track (parking lot) or try Columbus USAC. I sure made a mistake, should of been in Columbus.
 The writing is on the wall where we should be going racing. We should be able to run both at our tracks but QMA will not allow it.     
 Michigan clubs need to wake up! I have had a lot of fun over the last few years but I'm not going to support the QMA communist party anymore!
ssssmoke
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »

also guys when usac had a couple bumps in the road the racers spoke up, and they listened to what the racers were not happy with and made changes. something we have never seen before. also, the fact is there is no looking back. the car counts are getting bigger every race. people are enjoying the races more and more. and the spec tire is as good as it gets. im sure m.w. and d.y. were sh%ttin thier skivies when they were peekin over that fence and seeing people loving the .25 racing life at cms this past weekend. 160+ strong!!!
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 06:45:24 PM »

mich racers, I will tell you first hand that usac is not perfect and stll make mistakes but like smoke said THEY listen. Even some of the dumb ---'s can't stay away.I beleive there we're 98 cars on sat. done by 4.I had to switch motors and was unable to watch big cars but was done switching motors by 6. You guys still have a shot at racing usac at buckeye don't pass it up. Also tell let you now how much bs is going on my daughter set track record in hvy mod at lansing and was pulled from the web site by Mark W. that's pretty low
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: