USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: EX QMA MEMBER NEEDS HELP  (Read 37323 times)
michiganracer
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »

Thanks USAC for a eye opening weekend  Shocked. Our family had a great time. I was surprised at how many other QMA members where there. Even a QMA club board member or two were in attendance. I guess I'm not the only one looking for a change. the car count and competition was excellent. I really like the fact that we could just race. We didn't have to worry about corner workers, judges,flagging, ect.ect... It also was REALLY nice to see that there was NO POLITICS...... Just racing...... Mr. Spink was very helpful, and was always willing to  take the time to answer any questions we had. I think anyone who has not tried USAC should at least talk to someone who has. I think you will be surprised by the truth. Unless you ask someone with the poor johnny syndrome of course. from what i personally have seen this really is about the kids and there future in racing. Not some crazy parents on a power trip or with there own agenda... I sure do wish we would have gone to the .25 Nationals at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I hear that was really something special. I wont miss out on it next year.. THANK YOU USAC...
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 07:24:36 PM »

"Also tell let you now how much bs is going on my daughter set track record in hvy mod at lansing and was pulled from the web site by Mark W. that's pretty low"

A track record should stand until it is broken, period!  Guess he felt if he couldnt beat it, he could remove it...  That really is a shame though because it was something she earned.

ssssmoke
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »

mr. bear was at the nationals and told me directly that he was impressd with the show. im glad you came down from michigan to race and expressed your thoughts on how it goes in usac. that is an unbiased opinion for all to hear.
GB3
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 04:43:28 AM »

Those are the state's race Track Records @ Lansing.This is what you are looking for. And it is still there. http://www.capitolquartermidgets.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/cqma2009trackrecords.pdf
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »

Track Record Correction for LLR…. If you view the Lansing Website you will note that the 2008 states race track records are posted on the front page. Heavy Mod record was not broken, therefore it was unchanged. If you click on the 2009 updated track records you will note her name is still posted. Many of the records have been broken in 2009, post the new surface. The fact that she is still standing is commendable, and still noted on the website.

BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »

I have always respected USAC's web site and have never posted anything negative on it but after reading several commits on different treads I have to say that I am total disgusted with a few of you that are continually trash talk QMA, this is one of main reasons that I flat out refuses to run a USAC race. This has also made me a strong advocate on keeping our track a QMA track. I also find that when some of you change your user name to post a commit on a tread as a “Rookie” from a QMA club to be very deceiving, do you really think that the readers are that dumb………….you are insulting the intelligent of good members in both originations but are fooling No-One. As an outsider watching in at this site I do not get the message you are trying to send when you are trashing QMA, to tell you the truth this maybe why you have not breached any of the Michigan clubs.

I am a QMA member that happens to be enjoying were I am,  I am with my child doing what we want, that is racing with great kids with hard working mom's and dad's just like all of you. I am sure that USAC did not create and pay for this web site so that you “so called adults” could sit around and trash other people, clubs or organization.  My kid along with his race buddies all visit the USAC webs site and are laughing at all the lame commits about how USAC is better then the QMA. My son asked me the other day” Hey dad are those kids in USAC still turning left” and I had to laugh. USAC is a great organization but this does not mean everyone needs to join them, QMA is a great organization but this again does not mean everyone needs to like them. I agree that both have their share of problems....while with the QMA you may not like the board and with USAC's the thing I do not care for is the few insignificant Queens that are trashing others while using a sign-in name instead of real name, why is that?

Most of the QMA mmembers that I race with weekly have raced anywhere between one to six races with you guy’s at USAC and thay have had a great times but this has not make them want to switch and go USAC. I on the hand would like to race some USAC races but due to all of the crying little babies on this Forum and one of your grand Pooh-Bah’s that has lied to me about things that went on in USAC……..well that is what turns me along with others right off.

I believe that USAC runs a great ship and USAC is not the problem…the problem is the 5% of the little crewmembers that get to steer the USAC boat once in a while, (chating on this Forum). NOW I AM NOT SAYING THAT EVERYONE ON THIS WEB IS A CRY BABY only about 5%!!!!!

You need to stop the trash talk, it looks bad for USAC, you need to get back to the kids and maybe, just maybe you will see membership increase. If I may give you an example of your Forum's trash talk: I was at the first race in Ohio at the new track that Tony Marks built and it was one of the best times my son and I have had in Quarter Midgeting. We will always remember the great time all that showed had. No one and I mean No one left disappointed like that “ rookie”, “michiganracer” want you to believe, that was just an outright lie and the fact that no one that that weekend ran both Jr. Honda along with Lt. 160 is telling us that this guy wasn't even there. I want to know who in ether origination has ever done what Tony did for QMA or USAC kids living in Ohio?HuhHuh He built a fricken track, $10.00 or $100,000.00 he built a fricken track and now, the "Rookie", "michiganracer” trashes him………...so here is a million dollar question for you Mr. “michiganracer”, what have you done for ether originations?

My only suggestion would be is to ask USAC to step up to the plate and monitor or filter the Compulsive Complainers that are trashing anyone, any club or any other organization before their commits make it to this Forum because they are ruining a good thing for USAC's good people. People do look at this site and decision are made from this site and as again a outsider looking in at the latest entries off of this tread……….well lets just say I still have no interest in bring my son or club into this USAC environment and I am sure others feel the same.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:48:24 AM by BARRY LANDAU » Logged
Swartz
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »

Mr. Landau, if that is your real name, it was QMA that excluded people competing with USAC from running QMA races. USAC has done nothing of the sort.
Myron Swartz
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »

Yes that is my real name and if you are in USAC why do you care what QMA dose...did they single out you?.....if not you can still race with us, just join a QMA club. All I am saying is it is time to move on, if you have nothing good to say don't say it because the kids are reading these posts. We as members NEED to start getting along to show the kids we can............we are all in the same boat, trying to raise kids.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 10:02:06 AM by BARRY LANDAU » Logged
Swartz
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »

We wanted to race QMA as well as USAC. I thought both had distinct opportunities. QMA shut that down emphaticly as well as denying memberships to many of our friends from tracks that predate the existance of QMA by many years. Why don't we go discuss this on QMA's open forum. Oh,.....wait..
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 01:47:21 PM »

Myron, I am not a lover of QMA I am just a racers dad, I understand your concerns and admire you thoughts about your friends but when it comes to the district thing I do not know what to say. I was told the same thing by our prez…..the difference is our prez like me know that this was never going to happen, If I am not mistaken there was Prez from the Ohio area that believe that this was done and was telling everyone that the deal was done when in reality it had not yet been approved by any of the clubs or the QMA, not to his fault.

Just so you know, you now have a USAC members that are trying to spread the rumors that by next year there will be no region 4 QMA, now you tell me how they know this?

Another point: Tony Marks new track………it’s the nicest track you could ask for, you need to see it, you should come and race it this weekend but yet there was a USAC member that drove to a weedy parking lot to take some photo’s and started sending them around saying that this is the track, why? What does it matter what our new track looks like to you at USAC? There are some guy’s in USAC that are just trying to start problems amongst people and the problem is the kids can see it, this is not to say that QMA is so innocent of wrong doings. I am just tried of trying to explain to my son that “no, the men of USAC do not hate you because you a QMA member”. I thank you for your response.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »

From Wikipedia regarding the IRL/CART split: "The split between the IRL and the CART governing body was extremely acrimonious, and both series greatly suffered because of it, as the fan base also split. The 'war' between competing groups of fans was most active on the Internet, especially on motorsports message boards, and tended to affect any attempts at impartial views of either racing series."

The key point I think everyone should recognize: "and both series greatly suffered because of it" - The way I see this relating to Quarter Midgets is we have two groups that put on racing for kids and the longer the war wages, the longer the kids suffer.  The sooner both sides move on to happily co-existing the better for everyone involved, especially the kids.

Just my two cents worth...

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Swartz
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

This USAC QMA thing does nothing to impact the greatest number of QM racers. The ones who run "outlaw" or independent tracks. I just can't stand the QMA Natn'l attitude that they "own" quarter midget racing. Without the clubs they have nothing.
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 08:21:34 PM »

Myron, I would like to go "Outlaw" racing, sounds like funny. You are 100% correct about the QMA but it is what it is.

Stay well buddy,

Barry
whatruthinkin
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 02:03:00 AM »

Why would anyone put a letter out like this and then ban families from QMA for voicing their opinion? (or voting to go USAC) Read below and you can tell who's unethical and completely unprofessional.
They don't need any help from this forum talking them down to get to non-existence.
They will lead them selves to non-existence.

As for USAC it's been a great year ,thank you for making this sport fun for the kids

September 23, 2008
The QMA National Board would like to make all of our members aware of the current effort by USAC to put together a quarter midget racing program that masks the program already in place by our organization.  The National Board does not support this effort and considers these efforts to be unethical and completely unprofessional. QMA attempted to work with USAC for eight years and they did not offer any of the support they promised other than serving as a management company.  Now they are soliciting our members with the offer of support and promotion. 

Quarter Midgets of America, which is celebrating their 50th anniversary in 2010, has always been an organization run by members, on behalf of their children, who volunteer their time to promote this sport across the country. It has always been a member driven organization where each and every member has a voice.   We have a Rule Change Proposal process, as well as a voting process in place that ensures this.  All current rules, procedures, engine platforms, safety procedures, and technical specifications are all based on the input and expertise of our members.  Every member of QMA has a say in how the organization is run.  USAC does not offer this opportunity.  While QMA is a not for profit organization USAC is a profit driven organization. 

As with all organizations not every member will agree with all rules and procedures, but please keep in mind Quarter Midgets of America’s mission statement has been and will continue to be “…to create and maintain a clean, safe, healthy sport, which may be enjoyed by all family members in a close relationship with good sportsmanship toward all”.  Quarter Midget racing is the only sport we promote and our efforts are not diluted by our commitment to other forms of racing.  For fifty years all officers from the national level down to the local level have dedicated themselves to do what is best for our children and to teach them true sportsmanship.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:52:10 AM by whatruthinkin » Logged
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 09:00:32 AM »

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see anything unethical and unprofessional about that letter, but I am also not looking at it with any type of bias either way. 
The first paragraph is heavy on opinion, but nothing slanderous or grossly mis-stated there. 
The rest of it seems pretty factual to me, except for the part about USAC not offering their members a say in how things are run.  However in QMA's defense there is no formal process in USAC, like QMA's RCP process, for members to request changes.  As we know we can call James anytime we want to give feedback about something that needs changed and that works.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: