USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 01:42:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mac-O-Chee Inaugural "Beauty Bowl Memorial" & Hall of Fame  (Read 31576 times)
ssssmoke
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 09:33:57 AM »

The beauty bowl turned out to be a great success. lots of fun. thanks to everyone who helped. and a big thanks to dale hall for bringing the cars so the hall of famers could hit the track again after so long. and i must say they havnt lost much, i was very impressed.
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 10:30:53 AM »

That night was awesome. To listen to the stories from the old drivers was very neat. I also would like to thank Dale Hall for bringing his cars out. I would like to thank all of our club members that stepped up and helped make this possible.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:32:19 PM by Barr » Logged
lizc456
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 12:30:37 PM »

Congrats to the Mac-O-Chee club for a wonderful Hall of Fame evening.  Ya'll did a great job - it was obvious how much effort went into the event.  It was so much fun watching some of the inductees who had raced each other as kids mixing it up on the track again. 

Liz Compton
BQMRA
dmmc
Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »

What a weekend!....I'm worn out and sleep deprived, but I've had this silly grin on my face just about all day.  Whether it was the tears in the eyes of the inductees as they recieved their awards or the lumps in our throats as we watched them hustle around the bullring once again-  Maybe it was the senior half race with a full field, watching my sons signal me about my line from behind the fence and rooting me on (if you handlers ever get a chance to race one of these you must ABSOLUTELY do it --Whole new perspective)  There was just something about this whole weekend that words won't do justice.

Dave McPherson
ssssmoke
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 05:37:15 PM »

much agree. thats a weekend that wont be forgot.
USAC Developmental
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 06:43:54 PM »

Congrats everyone and great job by all.  What a historic event!

I cant wait for the pics, we will have them posted on the site ASAP.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »

We want to thank everybody who came to our Beauty Bowl Memorial and we would like to thank all of our new Hall of Fame Alumni. They started something that is very special to them and us, listening to their stories made me want to work harder to continue this tradition. I will agree with Dave, I don't think there was a dry eye among anybody.

Dale Hall
You are a very special guy to take the time to bring the memories of 50 years ago back to Curt Peterson and his son, Chris and Steve Yoder who showed they were still competitive, Nick Hostetler, Doug Plank and Larry Flora with your cars. I can't put into words what I felt to see these guys making laps around the Bull Ring. Thank You!!

I want to give a BIG THANKS to all the MOC members who put alot of long hours in to prepare for this weekend and a very long three day four race weekend. We also had a two hour arrive and drive where 18 potential Rookies tried and conquered the ferocious Bull Ring.

Thank You
Andy Myers

oldracer
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 09:26:08 AM »

Andy and the rest of the Mac-O-Chee QMRA, I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the awesome weekend you had for the kids and also for the 50 year anniversary and Hall of Fame Race. I am so humbled to be inducted into the Hall of Fame along with my dad and the rest of the members who were the backbone of what quarter midget racing is today in West Liberty, Ohio. I just hope other clubs take this idea and run with it as it makes an old quarter midget racer feel young again. Seeing those kids running the race formats we did in 1959, hot dog race, tire change pitstops, and best of all, allowing us old guys the chance to get back in a quarter midget again after 50 years was something I'll never forget. Since my son, Ryan, race from 1984 to 1990, my grandson, Quinn just turned 3, it looks like a third generation driver is just around the corner, and I am really looking forward to it. Again, thank you, and looking forward to a new class of inductess in 2010. Keep up the good work. curt Peterson
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: