USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:17:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Clarfication of of rule needed from USAC?  (Read 21639 times)
USACRULES
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »

Your statment from above:

the local tracks can vary from the safety stuff too if they want to. 

it says they can(or did you mean they have been)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:22:19 PM by USACRULES » Logged
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 11:59:22 PM »

Seriously?  Again, read what I wrote, whole thing and not just a few words of it...

"Again, not claiming to be an authority on the USAC rules (Although I feel it is one of my primary responsibilities to my driver to know them thoroughly), but from what I have seen the local tracks can vary from the safety stuff too if they want to."

I am not saying they can or can't.  I am saying from what I have seen not all the rules in the rulebook are followed and I was led to believe the local tracks have that flexibility under USAC.

Don't care to get into specifics here, but feel free to hit me up via email or a private message if you want to.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
USACRULES
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 01:18:44 AM »

Would prefer to get this post back to the original topic.

USAC work rule Number 6 Clarification.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:30:34 PM by USACRULES » Logged
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 01:34:49 AM »

Not to muddy the water even more, but I noticed an interesting difference on the work rule...

From the rulebook: "1. The work rule will be mandatory for all Club, Regional, District and National
events."

That language is different than the rest of the rulebook which says it is for Distict, National and Championship events.  I would say there isn't any flexibility with the work rule.

So I guess it comes down to whether or not the hot laps/warm up is considered part of the race for this rule.  USAC?

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 10:21:56 AM »

My interpretation of the rule is once we push out for the race, there is to be no refueling outside of the AA class.

Now coming from a one man crew that ran 4 cars, some classes back to back and many driver changes, it was hard enough to check air between races on each car let alone add fuel.

I found it better for me to use a larger fuel tank, more than a cup but less than a ½ gallon.  This enabled us to race 2-3 back to back transfer races in a 120 or 160 and only use half a tank so the worry of running out of fuel wasn’t an issue for us.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: