March 28, 2024, 10:07:28 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Running dirt no big changes needed!  (Read 11834 times)
indyracer
Rookie

« on: August 26, 2009, 06:25:43 PM »

One of the things that kept the car count low at the Midwest Focus Dirt races was teams thinking you needed to change everything to run on dirt. I am not going to tell you what we ran as far as springs but Joe Liquori smoked them with a jacobs ladder and just spring changes. We didn't even change the bars! The Focus cars with thier limited horsepower do not put enough weight transfer on the car getting in or off to upset the car. We simply changed springs, adjusted the panard bars and raised the ride heights. Actually the rear panard worked better than the Jacobs ladder as far as hooking up the car. Of course if you have a dirt chassis and the time to change everything over that would be better BUT it's not death if you don't. So when the midwest races on dirt next year don't freak out come on out, ask Joe or Wally  what they suggest and have some dirt fun. Of course Joe is hard to beat since he weighs less than a Ken doll and drives blind ( he can't see over the cowl)  ...Just Kidding...
indyracer
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »

that should read without a Jacobs ladder
USAC Developmental
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »

thanks for the post....you forgot to mention the FUN and the fact you can run the whole dirt schedule on the same right rear!
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:10:05 PM »

I think you will see an increase in the number of cars at the dirt races next year.
It is fun for sure. And I agree with Indyracer that you dont need anything special to run dirt. There are many people that I have talked to that are seriously looking for good used focus midgets for the 2010 season.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
idhale
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 11:08:25 PM »

not trying to be a party pooper but one RR?? i think thats a big stretch unless you have a 2 race dirt season, no offense intended,
GE
USAC Developmental
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 10:17:13 AM »

In the Midwest this year we had 4 dirt races scheduled and some drivers ran the whole schedule on the same right rear.

Next season the schedule will increase with more dirt shows and there will probably be a need to buy a couple more

Overall the wear on the Focus dirt tire has been really strong!
idhale
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 10:35:09 AM »

more dirt races in the midwest would be great! we would love to come out from the west coast if a few races are strung together, maybe a summer midwest FF week?
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: