USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:04:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Question on USAC passing rules.  (Read 8384 times)
Big Vince
Rookie

Just Have Fun !!!

« on: August 24, 2009, 02:40:43 AM »

So this weekend my son is the #2 car in the restart and he gets the jump and the holeshot on the #1 car at the start. He is where he is suppose to be at the commitment line, the #1 car does not give my son room to race and runs into him causing there wheels to hit and spinning my son. so we get a "no call" and are sent to the back of the pack....
My question is what is the rule in USAC on passing??? does the commitment line mean anything anymore??? and Who judges this??? Thanks for your time in answering this and you ben the judge since i have the video. If you watch the frame by frame you can clearly see the wheels get hit and then my sons car dragged sideways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLN4Os9EaEo
ssssmoke
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »

at the :47 frame of the video the 1 car is over the commitment line and the two car doesnt appear to have position. the driver must be able to see the other car, doesnt look like you were there but it was close. to be honest if you were at a usac regional both cars would probably go to the tail.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »

It was pretty close, but I agree it didn't look like your driver had position in time.  I think they followed the rule pretty closely on this one.

It also looks like your son may have hit the very first speed break trying to get under the car too.  At our track if that happens at all, you are going to the back.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Big Vince
Rookie

Just Have Fun !!!

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »

I appreciate the input guys thanks Grin sometimes its better to get an unbiased opinion to be able to see things clearly then through a fathers eyes..
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »

I would agree with the no call. I would say the driver in front didn't see him stick the nose in there, but at the same time, it was so close your driver probably couldn't judge if he had position before the line.
odogracing
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »

I also agree it was extremely close, but I think they made the right call.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: