USAC Racing Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:48:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Best chassis?  (Read 17030 times)
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« on: August 12, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »

There are quite a few makes of chassis out there: Nervo, Stanley, Fiser, etc. What do you think is the best, and why? Any negatives?

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
Swartz
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:42:39 PM »

Eagle by Ellis Shell.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »

We have ran NC, Stanley, Eagle & Hawk and what appeals to me more than anything is the customer service and support you get from them.

PARTS - NC, Stanley, Eagle & Hawk have parts readily available and shipping is quick.  Hawk actually straightens the front axles so it tends to save you money from replacing them as much so this was a plus for me.

SUPPORT – I have contacted each for support and they all help you, the two that seemed not only concerned but made a point to come over and talk about and work with fixing any issues we had and gave recommendations when the car wasn’t looking right was Stanley and Hawk.  This was always important to me since I come from a NON racing background and need as much help as possible.

It also comes down to driver and handler preference because the cars do seem to have a different feel and react differently to changes made.

I think it’s a good idea to be comfortable but also to let the driver try different cars so they get used to driving anything, even if its just someone else’s car at practice.  A good driver should adjust to any car in a few laps, that’s what I am trying to work on now, getting him out of his comfort zone in different cars, classes etc.  It has definitely helped with his confidence.

CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 01:03:58 PM »

Thanks Scott, being new to racing as well, support would be an important factor.

Swartz, why do you like the Eagle?

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
ssssmoke
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »

we have had good luck with nervo but my son has crawled in an eagle and been bad fast too. john and rob nervo have always helped us out over the phone or at the track but we only see them at big races. i think any chassis can be fast and safe as long as you spend the time on them.
Swartz
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 01:11:39 PM »

Yeah, Scott. All that stuff you said. I think Mike makes a super piece in the Hawks but Ellis was closer to us and usualy has his trailer full of spares at the track. It hasn't been that important the last few years but I have a stack of axles, spindles and radius rods in the barn from Novice and Jr. Honda. It's hard to beat the Stanley bunch too because they will huddle up and share info. As far as liking the Eagle, we have just done well with them. My boy says "Eagles Fly".
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »

Being new, it helps to run a chassis that is common in your area or at your home track.  Provides more support from other handlers and parts are readily available.

NC & Eagle is the most common chassis at our track which is why we started in a NC.  Now it wouldnt matter as much because I am not as green.  ;-)

goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 01:14:25 PM »

Yes, the Eagles do fly and are fast.  Unfortunatly ours came to early in our, well my career and I was not up to speed to dial it in at the time.  Scotty did say it was fast, as did Adam when he drove it at practice, he was like WOW, that things fast!

Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 02:41:51 PM »

We run a Bullrider. Parts are always available. They have excellent service. Along with a great track record. There cars have many national wins
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »

crewchiefs6, I will give you an opionion. I will say eagles and the reason(s) 1 at 8 years old running hvy honda almost won first race out in it. 2) factory support that's the number one reason I bought one 3)set 3 track records in hvy mod 4) 6th quick at eastern grands at mv and finish 6th in hvy honda. 5)won the reg 4 and buckeye championship last year. Like the cars so much I will never sell the hvy honda car. But that's enough of what i think about them ask my driver.
ssssmoke
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 07:18:28 PM »

in our area eagle and nervo out number other brands because of the parts dealers at the tracks we run. but ive seen alot of chassis fast and safe. i would focus more on finding good power plants.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »

Crewchief6, find somebody that is willing to help you with getting started and by a car that they are racing and learn from them but do your homework there are people out here that will help. Stay away from the politics that can follow these race cars and the only one that doesn't play favorites in my opionion is Bull Riders. They have no house cars so that keeps the politics out so that where we are going!(we learned) I believe sssmoke said it best that any of these cars can be fast it's just depends how much time you devote too it.
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »

Thanks all for your comments. They're very helpful.

How about Stanleys and GT American? Any thoughts on those?

I also heard Nervo's coming out with some new cars soon. Any info on that?

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 10:22:54 PM »

We love our Stanleys, good customer service and support and quick shipping.  I can order on Monday and usually have my parts by Wednesday, Thursday latest.

sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:09 AM »

Ross and I love our STANLEY cars....easy to setup and fix when wrecked. They are also very easy to hit that setup that puts you in the winners circle. Oh ...did I say they are very fast....just ask Ross.
Eric Rankine

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: