USAC Racing Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: National track layout  (Read 11638 times)
jdracing
Veteran

« on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:33 PM »

Does anyone know what the track size layout for gearing? Will it be the same as Gasoline Alley was?
TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:55:38 PM »

Should be the same as the old track.  Just remember to adjust for the bigger tire.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 07:36:04 AM »

In the other rulebook there is a track layout for what a 1/20 of a mile tracks should be in size and layout.  We are assuming it is going to be something similar to that, but even then those are just ranges so it is still pretty variable.  Hopefully that gets us close enough...

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 09:16:23 AM »

If you are still in Rookie you need to be around 4.30 to 4.40 range .  It does take rubber so you can run unlocked.
TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »

If you guys go to Google Earth and zoom in behind the garages, you can see the wear marks in the pavement from the old Gasoline Alley.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »

Is that the circle on the really faded lot behind the three rows of garages south of the pagoda?

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »

Yes it is.  You also can see it in action on you tube thanks to the Vaupil family.  Just type in Gasoline alley nationals.  Win or lose just remember that YOUR kid got to race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  I got goose bumps the first time I rolled in there knowing that we had a car in the trailer that was RACING there.  Talk about living through your kid!!!!   INDY is magical, enjoy it.
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »

Tyson, I know what your saying.We won the rookie race in 2005 it was awesome.Took the car in a rented uhaul trailer.Now we have a motorhome and a 24' trailer. I LOVE RACING.
jdracing
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 06:21:21 PM »

Does that mean it will be the same? I heard through the years the track was made bigger. Any word from usac what it will be or are we guessing it will be the same.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 07:36:43 PM »

That is funny Tyson because I got goosebumps when I realized AJ would be racing there.  It doesn't matter what happens when we get there, just the thought of my kid racing at the Brickyard almost makes me tear up.  It is going to be incredible!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 07:38:25 PM »

Just talked to Chuck and in case he does not have time to put it in he says to make sure you bring carpet as that asphalt gets hot as hot you need something to stand on and lay on when working on the cars.

Also remember handlers kids dehydrate fast so keep them with plenty of water   POP is NOT the answer.  Sports drinks are ok and don't forget yourself.

See you all next week although some I will see this weekend.

Good luck to all I expect it to be a very pleasant experience.
gass
Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 08:05:54 AM »

I am one of the lucky ones I am in the speedway before the fans on race day I love watching the day build to the ultimate race, the sun coming up and the drivers and teams coming alive. 

My son raced in 2007 Nationals and didn't do well, hoping for a better finish. 
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: