USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:30:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Car type?  (Read 11761 times)
racn4fun
Rookie

« on: July 01, 2009, 06:05:07 PM »

Ok, so were looking to put our almost 5 yr old daughter in a QM.  Which car type is the best or should I say the easiest to get parts for?  We have heard alot on the Nervos but we are curious about all the rest?  (ie Hawk, Stanley, Fiser, etc)  Please help.  Thanks.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »

You can get parts for any of them and most of them pretty quickly.  It all depends on if you want parts available at your local track or not.

Our local tracks deal with Nervo's and Eagles so those parts are readily available as is support for the cars.  We run Stanley's so we have to order our parts, turn around is very quick and shipping isn’t really a factor.

Granted, most parts are interchangeable between cars, brake parts, lines, hubs, wheels, bearings, chain, sprockets, hubs, cables, heims, nuts, bolts etc and I can use nervo rods if needed, they are just a little longer or shorter than I use.  I order mine in bulk to save on shipping and so I can get the exact sizes I need.  I believe the front axles and rear bird cages will be the most unique thing you will need chassis specific, other than nerfs, bumpers and body panels.

If you’re new to the sport and dont know much about racing and setups, I would go with what the majority at your track runs or what’s supported at your track to get you started, it’s much easier.

ssssmoke
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 10:21:32 PM »

nervo is a good choice and you can get them cheap. i would recommend an extreme 02. consistant and fast. parts are at most tracks and when i order from factory i get them the next day (in ohio).
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 06:14:52 AM »

The Pro 2000 is the best Nervo car IMHO. But I would only advise getting it if you are seasoned in chassis set up, or like doing your reading and documenting adjustments to a T. The 1900 is also a good car, but it is better for beginners, with the added bonus that you can be competitive in any Honda division contrary to what some will tell you.

If you're completely new to chassis set up, I agree with Scott. Check out what people run at your local club. The best thing about quarter midget racing is the openness and willingness to help. Talk to some of the other teams about their cars. That should give you an idea of who will help you out.

What is your local club?
racn4fun
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »

Hey everyone.  Thanks for the info so far.  We've kinda been looking more at the Nervos.  We went to Toledo about a month ago and talked to the gentleman that sells the nervo parts.  Our home club will be MacOChee.  Were hoping to come dwn this wknd and check out some racin and maybe even some cars.  Anyone gonna be around to talk to for some good advice and info?  Let me know.  Thanks and see you this wknd!!
Swartz
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 12:44:15 PM »

About anyone you want to talk to will be there. 2 day show.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »

The best advice I would give to anyone who is thinking of going Nervo, or recently purchased a Nervo is to get the set up book. We have one at KQMC.org in our tech section. This book, will put you in the ballpark if you follow it, and then you can deviate from it a little to get the car fine tuned.
Swartz
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 03:36:24 PM »

For anyone who does not have it:

http://www.jqma.com.au/pdf/fast%20facts050704.pdf
ssssmoke
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »

larry ebert is good to talk to and is at most races and good to work with. dale hall,al dean, norm mullet,dave mathias. to just name a few that run nervo chassis and will more than likely give you great advice.
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »

We don't have a Nervo but we will be at Mac-O-Chee this weekend. fell free to stop by
Chad Barr
Mrneg
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »

How about Bullrider? Impressive winning record on asphalt and dirt, The Fitz family is the company and you don't get better people than them. Have to be easy to set-up because we do pretty well in many classes from Honda to Hvy AA and I don't really have clue about car set-up.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: