USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:40:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A message of thanks.  (Read 8930 times)
bucketparts
Rookie

« on: November 02, 2013, 06:25:06 AM »

My name is Todd Pelfrey. My family has been involved in quarter midget racing for five years. This year in early September I was diagnosed with cancer. Save the tears I'll be fine. In the interim between that time and this, the outpouring of love and support that my family has experienced, from the quarter midget community, has been overwhelming. We have seen three benefits organized on our behalf, a t-shirt sales campaign, and a Midwest Thunder series that initially reached out to us from two states away. Throughout this time, what has been impressed upon me the most, is the caliber of people involved in this sport. There is an emphasis on FAMILY in quarter midget racing that you don't find in other kids sports. The feeling of COMMUNITY that you get when you attend a race does not go away when you scratch the surface, rather it extends to the core of the sport. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" for allowing us to be part of this extended family that is quarter midget racing. You have touched my heart to a depth you'll never know. -Todd
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: