USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:15:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indoor dirt race  (Read 13332 times)
Offset
Veteran

« on: October 10, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »

If anyone is interested in running at BMI on 11-17-2012 please let me know.  This is a great opportunity to get some track time before DM2.  We need a minimum of three cars for a class.  The event will be run with karting format.  Two heats then mains.  There is an open practice 11-16-2012.

My son runs WF.  Hopefully there are at least two other WF’s interested in running.  We can add or subtract weight to make classes.  All classes are welcome.  We can run for fun or money.

Let me know if you’re interested and I will supply more details.  Hope to see you there.

Rich
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:30:19 AM by Offset » Logged
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:29:39 PM »

PLEASE support this race!  BMI is SOOOOO FUN!  It will be our last Horrah!  We are aged out as of Dec. 31st.  But we are going to run this event as Austin LOVES this track!  BMI has put up an awesome indoor dirt track!!  It is fun and fast!  We will be there and planning to run all 3 cars before we turn them over to new owners!  Would love to have some good competition.  You do not need a dirt setup as this track is HIGH banked and gets very hard.

Come out and race November 17th!  You will have a BLAST at this race! 
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:21:29 AM »

Just a heads up! I have had a lot of calls concerning this event. This is not being run by the quarter midget clubs. This is a Gokart show and are allowing quarter midgets to run. If you are planning to run this event. Please keep in mind, that this will not be run how we will run the Dirt Mania series.
Thanks
Chad Barr
Offset
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 04:45:51 PM »

We ran with the karts last year and had a great time.  I spoke to several people during the Dirt Triple Crown who expressed interest in running at BMI.  I’ve heard from people in four different states that are planning on running this event and DM2.  So far we have enough cars to run Jr Honda, Sr Honda, 160, animal, and HVY WF classes.  The event will run at a faster pace than a normal QM race.  There will be two heats. The second heat’s line up is inverted based upon the first heat’s finishing order.  The main’s line up is determined by the finishing order of the heats.  Trophies based on car count.  1ST – 3 to 5 cars, 1ST & 2ND – 6 to 10 cars,  1ST , 2ND , & 3RD – more than 10 cars.  Entry fee $ 10.00.  Pit passes are $ 12.00.  Gates open @ 10:00 AM, practice @ 11:30 AM, racing @ 01:00 PM.  

There is another kart event on 12-08-2012 and 12-09-2012.  So far we have animal & HVY WF classes.  More classes can be added.  All classes are welcome.

These events are for fun and a warm up for DM2.  No clubs or sanctioning bodies are involved.  Open tire rule.  Dry tires only.  The races will be run under karting race format.  Classes can be combined and / or modified if needed.  

BMI will be having open practice 11-03-2012 from 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM and 11-16-2012 from 04:00 PM to 08:00 PM.

BMI speedway calendar of events website: http://www.bmikarts.com/blog/

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Rich Gerber
Offsetstagger97@aol.com
614 207 8195
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:41:10 AM by Offset » Logged
rightrear
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »

When you say enough are committed to run animal are you saying both JR. and Sr?  Is Dirt Mania a USAC event?  Wondering if I will need to be a member to race.  Thank you for any reply.
Offset
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

We have 3 Sr Animals.  I expect to hear from more people next week after the Springfield, IL event.

The November & December races are separate from Dirt Mania.  No clubs or sanctioning bodies are involved.  They're karting events.  We're running for fun with the karts.  Remember to have numbers on your car.  Paper number will not be issued.  Just looking for track time before Dirt Mania 2.  Most everyone is planning on running Dirt Mania 2 also.

Dirt Mania 2 will be run under USAC rules by MVQMRA & MoCQMRA.  USAC membership is NOT required.

Chad can best answer the Dirt Mania questions.  See the Dirt Mania 2 post.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:02:09 PM by Offset » Logged
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »

For the Dirt Mania events you do not have to be a USAC Member. We are running USAC rules. Engine, Tires,Safety and procedures. For any Dirt Mania questions feel free to call Me (937) 570-0519
Thanks
Chad Barr
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »

Please keep in mind this event is not hosted by the quarter midget clubs. I have continued to get calls on this event. NOVEMBER  17TH is an outlaw event!!!! Again this event is NOT hosted buy the quarter midget clubs!
Thank You
Chad Barr
Offset
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »

Congratulations to Bud McCune and Austin Kendall on their wins today at BMI.  Bryce Massingill was the only Jr Honda but, was very impressive running with the animals.  Nice job Bryce.  Thanks to all who came to run with us at the best dirt track in the country.
Rich and Jarrett
jmass
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 07:44:52 PM »

Thanks for allowing us to race.  Bryce loves BMI, and would race there every week if he could. 

Remember....this sport is for kids to have fun racing.  Parents....don't screw it up!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: