USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:17:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: EVERYONE MUST READ  (Read 6206 times)
26midgetracer
Rookie

USAC.25 series / Midgets

« on: August 20, 2012, 11:59:29 AM »

So glad to hear the Stickle family is ok after a very scary ordeal at the Kalamazoo track this past weekend.  For all you motorhome/travel trailer owners that run generators...  Extension pipes are available that attach to the generator pipe that allow the exhaust fumes to travel up over the motorhome/trailer.  We are always so packed together at these events I would highly suggest to everyone out there to purchase one of these. 

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/gen-turi-generator-exhaust-system/14041

We purchased one of these years ago after we had exhaust fumes coming into our motorhome at the Brickyard.  Again we were parked real close to others and instead of the fumes exiting into the air the fumes were backing up into our motorhome.  It is also a good idea to have a working carbon monoxide dectector in motorhomes and trailers.  When ours went off my very young boys at the time were smart enough to get out!

Having these two items just might save a life ~ even your own!

USAC .25  series -Midgets.
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »

I have one and use it every time I run my genset in my trailer now.  Works great and easy to pop on or off as needed. Not only keeps people next to you safe, but will keep you safe!  The stub of exhaust that peeks out from under my trailer is ok...if the wind is right. But if it was calm or wind softly blowing fumes back under trailer the CO2 detector would go off due to fumes seeping up into trailer. With the chimney on...that concern is gone.

Which brings up another point...if you are going to sleep in any trailer at the track (or anywhere) get a good working CO2 detector and use it!  Cheap assurance. If Stickles had one mounted in the trailer it would have warned them quickly! 

At Toledo next weekend you will not have power hook up...there will be a lot of generators running. Everyone should be acutely aware of these issues. 

Brad
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: