8th Annual Glass City Memorial Race
(Formerly “Willie Magrell Memorial”)
Honda/Briggs Only Event
June 29-July 1, 2011
Sponsored by the NWOQMRA (Toledo) Club
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Victory Junction Gang Camp in memory of Willie Magrell and Charlie Warren!
Registration - $25.00 per car for Saturday and Sunday
$15.00 per car for a one day only sign in
Friday, June 29, 2012
- Track will be open for practice from 2-4 PM
- Sign Ins and pill draw from 6 pm to 7 pm
- The concession stand will be selling pizza and drinks only on Friday evening.
- Following the Fun races there will be also be an adult and child pit stop challenge.
- Fun Races (no Rookies) – Twinkie Dash and Australian Pursuit
o Lineup for Fridays events will be by pill draw.
o Twinkie Dash – Top 4 from Australian pursuit
o Australian Pursuit
Top 10 from Sr. classes inverted for pursuit
Top 8 from Jr. classes inverted for pursuit
Winners of the Australian pursuit will receive a $10.00 gift card
Saturday, June 30, 2012
- Sign Ins and pill draw from 8am to 9am
- Sign Ins closed at 9am – Late entrants will be lined up at the back of the heat race
- Practice 8-9:30/Rookie 9:30-10:00AM
- Handler’s meeting at 10:00AM
- Racing Immediately following Handler’s meeting
- “88 Lap” Features in Jr. Honda, Lt. 160 will receive a $44 gift card
- Awards ceremony will follow the completion of the last feature race
- Welcome Cookout / Pot Luck following feature races - around 6 pm
o Meat provided by NWOQMRA
o Please bring a dish
o Donations greatly appreciated!
Sunday, July 1, 2012
-Sign ins and pill draw 9:30-10:00 AM
-Sign ins close at 10 AM-Late entrants will be lined up at the back of the heat race.
-Practice 9-10 AM/Rookie practice 10-10:30 AM
-Handler’s Meeting at 10:30-11:00 AM
-Racing immediately following Handler’s meeting.
-Awards ceremony will follow the completion of the last feature race.
General Racing Info
- Parking will be directed by NWOQMRA – No parking before Friday morning at 10 AM
- Fuel WILL NOT be supplied – The club gas station is the Speedway at the corner of Dussel and Reynolds roads. Octane rating (89) will be the same as the USAC Championship Series.
- All USAC rules will be in effect
- USAC code of conduct will be in effect; Must complete insurance waiver forms
- There will be NO bikes, scooters, motorized scooters, roller blades, roller skates, or golf carts allowed on the racetrack grounds. The host club will have the authority to confiscate these items during the event and will return them after the event is complete or the person or persons is leaving the premises.
- Race order will be:
o Red Rookie, Blue Rookie, Jr. Honda, Sr. Honda, Hvy Honda, Jr. Animal, Sr. Animal, Unrestricted Animal, Light 160, Hvy 160, Light W/F, Hvy W/F
- Heat races and transfer races format
- Race Laps will be:
o Jr. Classes – Heats 15; Xfers 20; Mains 30
o Sr. and other classes – Heats 20; Xfers 30; Mains 40
- No timed warm ups prior to race – flagman discretion of a few warm up laps
- The track will be closed following the last feature of the day Saturday, July 23rd
- NWOQMRA reserves the right to modify this format
- The NWOQMRA club race format will be used for anything not covered in this format.
Games and activities will be going on Friday and Saturday for the children. Bounce House and water activity bracelets will be $15.00 for both days, and $10.00 for only one day. Please bring bathing suits.
There will be prizes raffled off all weekend. Please bring any raffle items with you on Friday and give them to Marlene Dolinar. If you have any questions about the raffle please call Marlene at (419)205-7002.
This is a fun event to honor the memory of a 2 great young man that raced from the Toledo Club, Willie Magrell and Charlie Warren. Come out, have fun, race, and support a good cause.
Directions to Track – Located at Lucas County Rec Center – Key Street, Maumee, OH
From the North or South using US 23 – exit #6 – Dussel Drive or Salisbury Road
From the North using I 75 – exit Anthony Wayne Trail West to Key Street (north)
From the South using I 75 – exit US 23 North then exit #6 – Dussel Dr. or Salisbury Rd.
From the East or West using I 80/90 (Ohio Turnpike) – Exit at Route 20 – Reynolds Rd then south to Dussel Drive east to Key Street.
Questions? Dean Dickerson (419) 351-8769 or Marlene Dolinar (419)205-7002