USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gear Help - Jr Honda Tampa  (Read 5134 times)
ANB1
Rookie

« on: June 01, 2009, 01:19:04 PM »

Hey Tampa members from an Indiana guy: 

We are going to be running at a 1/10 of a mile track here in Indiana and just wanted to see what you all run there for Jr. Honda as I figure it should be very similar.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks,
Aaron-
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »

Not sure how much help this will be, but here goes:

We don't race Junior Honda in Tampa yet, but we did have a practice with the blue plate for Junior Honda for an hour on Sunday with a couple others that are moving up later this year.  We run #35 chain and had a 58 engine and 37 axle gear (3.83 gear ratio) for the practice and we ran about 4600rpms with that gearing on the car.  The car was handling very nicely and our driver was pretty smooth, but lap times weren't where they need to be to be competitive yet (only our second blue plate practice).  I know the RPMs aren't exactly where we want them either.

Again, we aren't a current Junior Honda team, but I am not sure if many of the Junior Honda teams currently in Tampa check this forum, so maybe this will help get you started out.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: