USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:07:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: I have a safety question...  (Read 21610 times)
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »

Popsicle I understand, but you can not touch your car under medical red and can not work on your car while on the track under red. So teach your driver to park his/her car in the sun when red flag comes out and popsicle only if you want too....LOL Enjoy your time together racing cause it will be over before you're ready!

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
outlawqmracer
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 07:36:58 AM »

Head Nets are Cool for any age drivers.  If you have ever seen a .25 midget flip and the drivers helmet flop onto the pavement at the end of the crash, you would realize the importance of the headnet.  Another great safety tip to keep your driver safe is a third rail on your left side nerf bar and the Jersey bar that mounts high on the rollcage.  Most Sprint Cars  have these now to prevent cars from getting into the cockpit since this happened to Kevin Gobrecht some years ago.  A safe driver is a happy and confident one! 
ccr
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »

Just had a right front get into my daughters arm last weekend. Luckly she was just sore for a couple days. I have the tall bar on my NC, may look to add an extra bar of my own until my small drivers are too big for it.
Walker23
Feature Winner

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »

On the topic of safety and items entering the cockpit. At Mini-Indy last weekend we actually had a nerfbar come into the cockpit and hook my sons helmet. We run the 3-bar nerf bar and yet this tiny nerf bar entered the cockpit. Never did I think that would happen. A tire I can see but rare. A nerfbar however? I was certain that a nerfbar must meet a minimum size. I was wrong. There is no minimum size for these. There is no dimension specified as to where in front of the rear wheel it may be mounted to. You can interpret it to what ever you want. Three inches? Ten inches?

710 Nerf Bars
A. All cars must be equipped with nerf bars (Side bumpers) starting at the rear, just
forward of the rear tire. The nerf bars must extend outward to at least the center
of the rear tires. The nerf bars cannot extend beyond the outside of the rear tires.
B. Nerf bars must be constructed from steel and with a minimum wall thickness
limited to a minimum of .049 inch. A maximum of four horizontal and/or four
vertical tubes are allowed in the construction of nerf bars. No ballast is allowed in
the nerf bar tubing. Titanium and composite materials are not allowed. Panels on
the nerf bar will not be allowed.
C. Nerf bars must be mounted with a minimum 6-32 to maximum 10-32 grade 5 or
better bolts. Minimum of two bolts per nerf bar.

Kris Walker
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: