USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:29:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Helmet Speakers  (Read 27158 times)
dherndon
Rookie

« on: March 14, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »

Anyone bought the "Nitro" helmet speakers for their kid's helmet?  I'm done with ear buds....or I should say my daughter is done with them.

http://www.rh2way.com/catalog.php?item=108&ret=index.php

Any other suggestions for helmet speakers?   Preferably, something I can install myself.....and easily.  The above are on sale this week for $199.00.

Thanks,

Dave.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »

I will have three Bell youth helmets all with speakers already installed for sale at the Atlanta Race this weekend. They were used about 5 times. Can ship one to your address if interested. miketsmith43@hotmail.com  770-894-7614
Torgesen Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »

Wow those things are pricey! This will be my second year using my own design in my sons helmet. I bought some thin speakers for helmets off amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HMHW9E/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_detailsand tucked them inside the fabric of the removable pads(They were ment to be velcroed in but I could tell they wouldnt last). You cant even tell they are in there and they work perfect. Think I have $50 in them. I love never having to worry about finding them, having them fall out, or hasseling to keep them in while putting on helmet (no tape on ears). The helmet goes on as if they werent even there. I also feel they are less likely to cause ear infections from having those sweaty dirty ear buds jammed in his ears. (He has an MP3 player for that.) I also velcroed the raceiever right to the helmet so it is a package deal. It has never fallen off or been damaged and I was careful to position it so it wouldnt touch the rollbars or anything elsewhile driving. No more yanking the wires out when he gets out of car or takes off helmet in disgust.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:19:28 PM by Torgesen Motorsports » Logged
Ashford
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:11:10 AM »

I purchased some Helmet Speakers mid season last year very similar to what Torgesen has for $30 at a local Cycle shop here in Cincinnati. They velcro inside the Helmet pads. My son loves them.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »

We bought the Nitro speakers for Ross's helmet and we both hated them. I tried them in my helmet and hated them too.
They only way to go is the custom ear molds. Its what all the professionals use and what your driver will use as they continue in racing. They also protect do a great job protecting ears from damage.
My 2 cents
Eric

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
gtracer
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:57:41 AM »

We bought some sport ear buds at Walmart about 25 bucks You twist them in my son likes them.
cdr4d
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:32:18 AM »

dale hall has them, about 40 bucks. love them.  qmstuff.com
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 02:55:26 PM »

The helmets I have are very new and with the speakers already in them for $175.00 each. White Bell Youth and one small adult.

Thanks,
dherndon
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »

Thanks for the feedback folks.    I didn't see any on qmstuff.com but haven't looked on every link.

Mike, send me an email at dherndon@carolina.rr.com and send the model # of your youth helmet.   I'll take some measurements.   We won't be in Atlanta this weekend, but other members from NCQMA will be.   Perhaps we can work something out if I think it will fit.   I had difficulty getting a youth helmet from Impact fitting my daughter....they said they were for 7-10 year olds but it was too tight on its largest setting.   Didn't think my daughters head was that big.  ;-)

The g-force she has now has 3 sets of pads...small/medium/large and the medium is a good fit....so you'd think the Bell youth would work.   I just need to measure and check their website.

Email me.

Dave.
actireman
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 09:33:34 AM »

I agree with Eric. Michael hated every ear bud until I had them made for him. We are on the 3rd year with them and he loves them. Never another complaint. And I want to say I paid around $130.
Offset
Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »

We went through three sets of the molded ear pieces in a year and a half.  If your kid is growing fast stay with the foam / sport ear buds or helmet speakers.
slowpoke
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »

YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT earfuze.com WE BOUGHT THESE LAST YEAR AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. THEY ARE CUSTOM MOLDED EAR PLUGS FOR ONLY 45.00 AND THEY ARE GREAT. http://www.earfuze.com/index.html
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »

If anyone is interested I would sell my Nitro speakers for your helmet for $100.00.

Eric

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: